News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I did something crazy

Started by C_stripes, June 07, 2008, 01:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_stripes

Okay.  I did something crazy. I sold my ramcharger for a grand and bought a 99 caddie SLS.  I don't know why. But I will tell you its like driving around in a la-z-boy. It was an orig owner car with 145K miles and is in near mint condish. I only paid $4K. It gets about 30mpg wile cruising and 22mpg threw town. That is way better than 6 to 8 mpg from my RC. The cool thing is, is that wile I was going threw the glove box I found the window sticker. It sold originally for over $48K. There are only two things I would change on it. Right now it is that pearl white. I would go with black and the other thing is that it has no sun roof. Other than that. I love it.  And its fast.  Allot faster than I thought it would be.    It shifts down at 95MPH when you stomp on it.   :drive: <never thought I would ever see this talking about a caddie.

I'll get pics later.     Jeremy
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

C_stripes

TruckDriver

Looks a lot nicer then the 'ol Ramcharger. But I personally wouldn't of sold the truck. And I gotta say, a Caddy is one car I still have never drivin'.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

700jfm

Wife has the 07 CTS in the same color, I would like to have the STS in black.  :2thumbs:

Charger_Fan

Nice looking Caddie. :2thumbs:

Did you buy that Fury a while back?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

C_stripes

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on June 07, 2008, 09:05:59 PM
Nice looking Caddie. :2thumbs:

Did you buy that Fury a while back?

No.  Its still kinda a sore spot between myself and someone els.

But thanks.  I like it so far.  Its fun to drive.

Old Moparz

Looks like a really clean car, nice find.  :cheers:

Sometimes you just get tired of driving certain things, maybe that's another reason for getting rid of the Ramcharger.

I had a Caddy once, a station wagon.   :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Charger1973

Brock Samson

is that an SLS or an STS?..
i would get tired of the ramcharger i think,..
it's nice to have a plush daily & allot less stress,.. but it prolly depends allot on where you drive and what you use it for,..
I absolutely LOVED my B-vans but driving them for 12 years as dailys got pretty old about the tenth year...
My RV is also a B-chassis but even though it's totally deluxe with the swivling Capt's chairs, stereo, cruise, A/C and all that it's really not fun to drive, besides it's slow, wallows allot and is noisy... anything over 50 MPH and the MPG drops 10%.
you can really feel the 30 year improvment in vehicle design between that and the 300M. of course if jumping ditches and wadeing in mud bogs is in your daily commute...  :shruggy:

Manfred318

Quote from: Charger1973 on June 08, 2008, 12:22:38 PM
Thats a nice car dude.
:iagree:
One thing about those though be on the look out for cracked heads and/or blown head gaskets. Mom just traded her '99 SLS last week with 85k miles, because of one of the two. It was going to cost somewhere in the $3500 range to fix. It seemed every mechanic we talked to said those Northstar V8s had bad problems with the heads/head gaskets.  :Twocents:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Fitz73Chrgr

I've heard the Northstars use oil as well.  Nice car though, looks like a steal.  :2thumbs:
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

C_stripes

thanks again guys.  So far I love it and cant wait to go on some sort of road trip. I might be taking my Grandparents out to Seattle in it next month. We'll see I guess.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Old Moparz on June 07, 2008, 10:31:10 PM
Looks like a really clean car, nice find.  :cheers:

Sometimes you just get tired of driving certain things, maybe that's another reason for getting rid of the Ramcharger.

I had a Caddy once, a station wagon.   :D

Ya, you and a friend and one "old friend"   :angel:

C-man, good move, caddies are the fastest depreciating luxury car that i need to buy some day for the same reasons...nice ride, etc...
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

SeattleCharger

Quote from: C_stripes on June 07, 2008, 01:35:29 PM
Okay.  I did something crazy. I sold my ramcharger for a grand and bought a 99 caddie SLS.  I don't know why. But I will tell you its like driving around in a la-z-boy. It was an orig owner car with 145K miles and is in near mint condish. I only paid $4K. It gets about 30mpg wile cruising and 22mpg threw town. That is way better than 6 to 8 mpg from my RC. The cool thing is, is that wile I was going threw the glove box I found the window sticker. It sold originally for over $48K. There are only two things I would change on it. Right now it is that pearl white. I would go with black and the other thing is that it has no sun roof. Other than that. I love it.  And its fast.  Allot faster than I thought it would be.    It shifts down at 95MPH when you stomp on it.   :drive: <never thought I would ever see this talking about a caddie.

I'll get pics later.     Jeremy

I've been wanting a better riding daily car, bigger and more comfortable, but wanted some decent mpg.,   that is great for that size car and power, what is the exact engine option you have in that car?   thanks, nate         oh ya, have fun in seattle, weather just got nice here today on father's day,

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: C_stripes on June 08, 2008, 05:12:39 PM
I might be taking my Grandparents out to Seattle in it next month. We'll see I guess.

Jeremy, if you're in Seattle around mid July...go to the Mopar Madness show in Vancouver..its on July 13th. Great show..members of the site will be there..including me.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

SeattleCharger

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 16, 2008, 01:55:28 AM
I might be taking my Grandparents out to Seattle in it next month. We'll see I guess.

Jeremy, if you're in Seattle around mid July...go to the Mopar Madness show in Vancouver..its on July 13th. Great show..members of the site will be there..including me.

Is that in Vancouver, WA or Vancouver, B.C.?

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on June 16, 2008, 02:50:18 AM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 16, 2008, 01:55:28 AM

Is that in Vancouver, WA or Vancouver, B.C.?

Woops, guess I should of said that. Its in Vancouver BC..well Langley BC to be exact.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic