News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carpet - 68 Charger w/center console

Started by john108, June 11, 2008, 12:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john108

I just received the carpet from Legendary for my '68 Charger R/T w/center console.  The carpet for the front seats is one piece.  Is that correct or should it have been in two pieces, one for each side of the console?

Also:  It is folded in such a way that it has convolution, kinks, folds, bulges, wrinkles, etc. that I don't know how to get out.  It is very stiff and pushing on a bowed-up area doesn't flatten it out.

Any Suggestions??

Back N Black

It should be 2 pieces, a front section and a rear section. The front section overlaps the rear section under the front seats, so its not that noticeable when the seats and center console is installed.

The bowed out area is moulded for the trans tunnel.

john108

Thank you, but:
The folds and creases are so severe, how would anyone suggest straightening them out.

Do you remove the console and wrap the front carpet over the transmission hump and then replace the console.
Is there specialized trimming required to make the carpet fit.

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I haven't removed the console yet and I want to make sure that I have received the correct carpet replacement (and not one made for a bench seat car).  I also hope the creases can be removed so I don't have to be concerned with shipping it back to Legendary.
John

JimShine

On the carpets I have installed I have had to cut the carpet for the shifter and console brackets. The jute crap on the backside makes it a real pain too. I used those hooked carpet cutting blades that cut on the pull stroke to make life a little easier.

JrJohnston

Quote from: john108 on June 11, 2008, 05:51:45 PM
Thank you, but:
The folds and creases are so severe, how would anyone suggest straightening them out.
Do you remove the console and wrap the front carpet over the transmission hump and then replace the console.
Is there specialized trimming required to make the carpet fit.

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I haven't removed the console yet and I want to make sure that I have received the correct carpet replacement (and not one made for a bench seat car).  I also hope the creases can be removed so I don't have to be concerned with shipping it back to Legendary.
John

If you can lay the carpet out in the sun for a few hours,the heat from the sun will relax it enough to get the folds and creases out of it.Or if you have a clothes steamer you can steam them out.
Junior Johnston
SCB AutoTrim
2565 B W. Bennett
Springfield,Mo 65807
417-869-7700
www.scbautotrim-mo.com
www.myspace.com/scbautotrim

john108

Thanks,
I will try the suggestions.  I hope they work as it looks bad now.
John