News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does anyone Have a JY9 Dark Gold Metallic Charger?

Started by AmadeusCharger500, March 19, 2010, 01:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

Im in the planning stages with this 73 Se. Im sandblasting the engine bay this week and want to paint it (engine bay). The car as you can see is currently Yellow. I like putting things to original but not to the extent of dislike. I would love to know what this would look like in JY9 as thats what is on the fender tag.

chargd72

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but this is GY9 and also called Dark Gold Metallic.  Don't know what JY9 is.

Also the color I will be going with.   :2thumbs:

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

chargerjy9

MY 73 SE is JY9, Dark gold Metallic, with a honey gold interior. plenty of pics at  CarDomain.com,  414298. If you like "brown" it is kind of a rootbeer color with lots of gold metalflake. when the sun is low it positively glows.
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

ACUDANUT

Tilar

Personally I like the color of the one chargd72 posted.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

chargerjy9

how bout this color shot? also, there isnt much diff btwn GY9 and JY9, GY9 may have a touch of green in it. one of my club members has a 72 GY9, original factory applied paint, like mine. we parked next to one another, very close match, chargd72's photo was taken with the sun facing the pass side, while my shot, sun was on dr side
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Khyron

Quote from: chargd72 on March 19, 2010, 01:39:40 PM
Not sure if this is what you're looking for but this is GY9 and also called Dark Gold Metallic.  Don't know what JY9 is.

wholy crapo.... where did you get that picture? where is that car?

look familiar???

I helped work on that car!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

ohh and if you want, i can get you the exact paint code for that ;)

hell, you want a few parts left over? I think someone here has the old doors :lol:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

CornDogsCharger

This wouldn't happen to be the same car that is in Tim Welborn's collection?  Looks like the same one.  If so, this car was originally sold new here in Jackson, Mississippi and there are many stories about that car!

Justin
"CornDog"

Quote from: Khyron on March 20, 2010, 02:53:59 PM
Quote from: chargd72 on March 19, 2010, 01:39:40 PM

wholy crapo.... where did you get that picture? where is that car?

look familiar???

I helped work on that car!

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

Khyron

nope, I don't believe so, i've been trying to follow it since we finished it for a local guy who bought it in NYC. It was restored here in Ballston Spa NY and brought down and sold at the Russo Steele auction, after that I have no idea ... thats why im trying to get some history of it. The proof that it's the same car is look at the registration stickers in the window on the picture I posted of it in our trailor and the pictures on thier web site, i also have the VIN tag picture, but won't post it for privacy reasons... I have a ton of pictures of it during it's restoration ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

vert

Khyron,
The car is/was FS on ebay.  I've been drooling since I 1st saw it.  I'm only short $150k currently.

71383bee

The first letter corresponds to the year the particular mix of paint was used.  For example FC7 plum Crazy is the mix used from 1970.  F corresponds to 70, the first year of Plum Crazy.  G is 71 and so on.  J is used for 73 because I looks like 1 so it is skipped.  This same lettering is found on the engines and other parts too.  E is 69, F is 70, G is 71, etc.   

This is why Gy9 and Jy9 look different.  In 73 they made  a new mix.  It is similar, but noticeably different. 
71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

chargd72

Quote from: Khyron on March 20, 2010, 02:56:12 PM
ohh and if you want, i can get you the exact paint code for that ;)

hell, you want a few parts left over? I think someone here has the old doors :lol:

This car has been the inspiration for my 72.   :drool5:  I've been following since it first appeared on ebay for about 189,000!!  Now it's down to 160,000 so getting closer to my budget  :icon_smile_wink: (Not even close)  I also caught it on Mecum auto auction where it didn't meet the reserve so once again, no sale. 

I would love to get the exact paint code for that car!  Also, I'd be interested on seeing the build photos! 
And Heck yes to having some original parts of this car  :lol:

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

ACUDANUT

Being your car is not a rallye, I would build it the way you want.  :Twocents: :cheers:

BROCK

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 22, 2010, 10:12:23 AM
Being your car is not a rallye, I would build it the way you want.  :Twocents: :cheers:

I concur.  I really like the JY9 - but have a 72 with the GY9.  I'll probably go with black -
my 70 is staying Yellow :smilielol:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Wicked72

I love the GY9. I might be getting ahold of the entire mopar color code samples. never been open from way back when, I know a guy that used to work in a plant and he has lots of manuals and info all boxed   up.
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Khyron

Here is was when it first came in...

scraping the silver and blue...

hehehe

a lot of stuff in between ;)

ya drooling yet ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.