News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NGK spark plug chart

Started by 70sixpkrt, June 29, 2008, 01:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sixpkrt

Does anybody have a NGK spark plug chart. I am using BCP6ES and what to know how hot of a plug it is and the equivalative # to a racing plug. Thanks.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

suntech

Try  www.sparkplugs.com

Here you can crossreference a lot of different brands etc.
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

firefighter3931

Quote from: 70sixpkrt on June 29, 2008, 01:14:37 AM
Does anybody have a NGK spark plug chart. I am using BCP6ES and what to know how hot of a plug it is and the equivalative # to a racing plug. Thanks.

Ricky, the plug you are using is ideal for a pump gas compression (Alum head) street/strip build. The 7 series NGK plug would be too cold....that's for 12:1 compression race fuel motors. The 5 series plug would be suitable for a 8.5:1 "smog" compression build.

The bcp(r) 6es is a v-groove performance plug and not a race plug if that's what you're asking. Is there any improvement with a race plug in an application like yours....probably not, inmo.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

70sixpkrt

Thanks Ron. I just looked at my plugs and I made a mistake. I am running the BCP7ES plugs. For some reason the drivers side seems to be more carbon than the passenger side. Should I be using the BCP6ES plugs? Is there any difference between the BCP(R)6Es and just a BCP6ES plug?
Ghoste thanks for that website.

70sixpkrt

Plug #7 and #8.

70sixpkrt

Pic 2

firefighter3931

Ricky, those plugs are fouling because the heat range is too cold....you can see it on the ground strap.  :scope:

The 6 series is a much better choice....trust me !  ;)

The only difference between the bcp & bcpr 6 series is that the (r) version is a resistor plug for radio noise. I would use the resistors if you have a radio in the car.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

70sixpkrt

Thanks Ron. I will get a set of BCPR6ES this week and see what happens.

firefighter3931

You're welcome bud....give them a try. I'm sure you will be happy with the results....the engine won't be as cold blooded and warm up to temp faster. You need some heat in the chamber, especially with an aluminum head.  :yesnod:

Ron

70sixpkrt

Ron. I looked up bcpr6es on the NGK website and it says it is a traditional spark plug. Does that mean it is a v-groove plug?
http://www.ngk.com/results_cross.asp?pid=2330

firefighter3931

Quote from: 70sixpkrt on June 29, 2008, 01:27:09 PM
Ron. I looked up bcpr6es on the NGK website and it says it is a traditional spark plug. Does that mean it is a v-groove plug?
http://www.ngk.com/results_cross.asp?pid=2330

Yep the bcpr-6es is a traditional/standard plug.....my mistake in the earlier post  :P

At any rate, that is the plug to run.  :2thumbs:

Ron