News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Source for Heater Core and AC evaporator?

Started by 2Gunz, May 23, 2008, 04:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2Gunz

Im trying to fix the heat and Air in my car.

The heater core is trash for sure.

I found one on ebay for $250 but that seems steep.

I cant find the evaporator anywhere at all.

Anybody know of a source for these items?

Thanks!

Chatt69chgr

Classic Auto Air in florida has the dual heater core---no idea what it costs but I think maybe around $225 to $250.  I think they may be the only place that has it.  Old Aire Systems in Ft Worth, TX used to have them but they may have sold out of them.  I got mine there and they were about $180.  With the price of copper what it is now, I am surprised that these things havn't gone up a bunch.  I don't know of a place to get the ac evaporator.  I would like to find a place as I may need one myself. 

Old Moparz

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on May 23, 2008, 07:09:20 AM
Classic Auto Air in florida has the dual heater core---no idea what it costs but I think maybe around $225 to $250.  I think they may be the only place that has it.  Old Aire Systems in Ft Worth, TX used to have them but they may have sold out of them.  I got mine there and they were about $180.  With the price of copper what it is now, I am surprised that these things havn't gone up a bunch.  I don't know of a place to get the ac evaporator.  I would like to find a place as I may need one myself. 

I was going to suggest both places too. I bought a condenser from Classic Auto Air, like 15 years ago & it was fine. I'd contact them again if I needed something.

The ones on ebay I've seen are from Texas, so they may even be the same place as mentioned above. I don't think the price is out of line, I remember buying one from a parts store back in the 80's & it wasn't cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180095703567&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

472 R/T SE

Last one I bought was like $75.  It's been a while obviously, I need one now too but don't look forward to taking mine out, a/c car.

moparstuart

Quote from: 2Gunz on May 23, 2008, 04:48:09 AM

Im trying to fix the heat and Air in my car.

The heater core is trash for sure.

I found one on ebay for $250 but that seems steep.

I cant find the evaporator anywhere at all.

Anybody know of a source for these items?

Thanks!
that is the going price /  you can have them rebuilt but it runs that or more to get it remanned.  call classic air and bit the bullet
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE