News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I think my charger is cursed

Started by Lord Warlock, May 12, 2008, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Warlock

After storing the car for what seems forever, then finally getting off my butt and starting to work on it, the paint is getting close to a state where i can move on to the next phase, but twice in a row now, i've tried to buy something for the charger only to have something go wrong with the order.  The first order was 1200.00+ worth of new Legendary Auto Interior products,  submitted the purchase online, and nothing ever happened afterwards, i know i can just call back and reorder but I buy stuff online all the time, and never have a transaction fail....then after waiting a couple weeks after the deadline for the interior, i decided to order a new R/T stripe from Phoenix Graphics, and that order gets shipped, but never arrives at my house, they say it got delivered somewhere on Friday, and i waited till today to see if someone would get it sent on to me, but no luck, now i gotta call them and let them know whats going on, and see if i can get another one somehow.  Two failed transactions in less than a month, from two different vendors, for the same project car.  (my other car purchases seemed to arrive just fine)

Can't give up now, gotta get the parts
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

myk

You've had 2 problems happen that weren't even your fault-I'd say you and your car are doing fine.  At the very least I'd say that customer service in America is "cursed." 

When your wiring harnesses go up in smoke or your 'carb catches on fire like it did on my Charger, then we'll talk curses...

Lord Warlock

Maybe its trying to avoid its responsibilities.  The stripe finally arrived today, guess someone was nice and told them it got misdelivered. 

My charger hasn't been a true cursed car, my camaro z28 was though.  Its wiring harness both fried inside the car, and in the engine bay, which actually did catch the new holley carb on fire, which then burnt a circular spot on the freshly painted hood, ruining the canary yellow and custom black stripe paint on the hood.  That car scared me off working on old cars for 10 years, I should never have gotten that car... should have invested it in the charger instead.  That camaro was my first 5k car loss,  (invested 10k, sold for 5k) I've since learned how to lose more per car....lol.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

The70RT

I hear ya. I am still waiting on half my wiring from yearone...back ordered. It is a good thing I ordered it a year before I will need it. I had a lot of cars over the years and spent money on them. I could of started my Charger a long time ago. I can at least get the parts I need now. It seemed like everytime I got a car the way I wanted someone else wanted it worse...but not this time.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Big Lebowski

Your Chargers not cursed, but the people who sell parts are morons, so get used to dissapointment. :D
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."