News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally Decided!

Started by G-man, May 08, 2008, 08:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

Hi

After umming and arring over what to replace my 1970 Challenger with (whether with another challenger or 68 charger)

After finding out real weights of the vehicles from HP2 from off cuda-challenger, at the races on the scales with full tank of gas and driver... Challengers weighed between 3400-3800lbs chargers came in 3600-4200lbs (depending on the options etc + size of driver  :rofl: both cars weigh very similar) Challenger being wider, charger being longer.

After looking at pictures from off this site, other sites, challengers/chargers together (thanks to the man that posted them) The 1968 Dodge Charger has got to be the meaner looking car.

More interior width in a challenger, but, more rear seat leg room in charger.

Bottom line, enough $ thrown at the charger (alloy engine block, water housing cylender heads, titanium bolts, alloy radiator, 8-3/4 diff with alloy housing centre etc... You could get the charger down to 3300lbs (if not slightly less) (thats no different to the challenger)

So hopefully that information is of any use to anybody, Im after a 1968 Dodge Charger!

Im looking to spend around 20-25 000US dollars for a 68 charger, in drivable condition (road worthy car).

I dont care if the paint looks faded/pealed in certain areas, nor do i care if the interior is ripped in places and I seriously could care less if the dash is cracked. I used ot own a 1972 Valiant Charger, it had a cracked dash, holes in the seats, and 1 massive 10 inch circle of pealed paint on the trunk. Engine had oil stains on it, blew black smoke casue it was totaly out of tune (ran too rich) but hell, that car i drove over 400 miles in 1 day and it didnt skip a beat.

Thats the kind of condition car im looking for. Roadworthy, turn key and drive. Whocares if its all rough looking. Minor rust alowed (hopefully none)
4 speed if possible. (if not auto will do) and biggest engine available for that price.

If anyone can help me find it, im looking to get something within next 3 months.

Thanks heaps

G- :cheers:

TheGhost

25k should get you a pretty good 68.  Good luck in the hunt. :2thumbs:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

G-man

Quote from: TheGhost on May 08, 2008, 08:13:10 PM
25k should get you a pretty good 68.  Good luck in the hunt. :2thumbs:

Just so you know, id rather pay 20 with bad paint then 25 with good paint since im gonna paint it custom later on. Mechanically sound, as cheap as possible. (hence the preference of bad interior and paint to lower cost)

mvpberto

or maybe you could find one that is around 20k with negotioble price and lower the price down a little  ;)

Brock Samson

Dans 68

Quote from: G-man on May 08, 2008, 08:08:17 PM
...The 1968 Dodge Charger has got to be the meaner looking car.

G- :cheers:

You are so right.  :2thumbs:   I picked up my '68 for 20K (383 4-Speed) (http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,39025.0.html) after a few months of looking so they are out there. I will definitely keep my eyes open for you. We '68 enthusiasts need to stick together .  :yesnod:
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

DodgeChargerNeeded

Jeff