News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone use mopar by crane

Started by onebadmopar, May 05, 2008, 06:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadmopar

i ordered j bolts for my gas tnak from mopar by cranes april 14  got an email saying order was shipped they still havnt  shown up  :flame: ive called and got meassge they were closed till the 30th of april so i call may 1st got message closed due to sickness .. called again today got another message with their hours able to leave a message this time and still no one called me back is this yet another deadbeat vendor?

The Kid

My uncle lives down in Florida. These guys restored his '68 Charger (which is on the website). In his dealings with them they were great. I had a chance to venture out to their shop (basically their house with a big garage) and talk with them quite a bit about 5 years ago when they were working on my Uncle's car. They were stand-up guys :2thumbs: ! Real perfectionists. Kinda surprised to hear about this actually. However, I know that the head guy is getting older (probably pushin' 80), and they've had to substantially cut back their operations. Give them a bit more time. If they are anything like they were 5 years ago, your stuff will definitely show up! Otherwise I'd bet it might be a shipping company screw up. Good luck :cheers: !

Kevin68N71

On this forum a few weeks back someone else had a complaint about these guys.  I assumed from dealing with them they were a mom and pop shop.

However, I did buy the "anti rattle" mat for the gas tank from them with no problem, and they do have a pretty good catalog.  But it is concerning me that I keep hearing from folks here that they are intermittent.

I hope they are not in the position of undercapitalization, and paying for things directly with people's money, thereby slowing the process down.

It is beginning to sound that way to me.
Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?

keepat

I've ordered stuff from them last spring, some of the parts shipped quick and some slow, but it all made it! and I know they where at spring Carlisle two weeks ago with a large tent full of part! Good luck! I'm sure you'll get your parts!
Pat

The Kid

Quote from: Kevin68N71 on May 05, 2008, 08:39:19 PM
On this forum a few weeks back someone else had a complaint about these guys.  I assumed from dealing with them they were a mom and pop shop.
More or less. The dad, who like I said is probably about 80 by now, and his two sons.
Quote from: Kevin68N71 on May 05, 2008, 08:39:19 PM
I hope they are not in the position of undercapitalization, and paying for things directly with people's money, thereby slowing the process down.

It is beginning to sound that way to me.
Honestly I doubt it unless they had a VERY tough couple of years. The guy was getting a shit load of business with out even having a catalog/selling parts. They WERE making out like bandits.

Even though there have been a few negative comments, I'm still stickin' by them.

onebadmopar

well i just wish they,d call me back and let me know about ready to fie it up but tuff to do with no gas tank lol  is kyron still on here he did a dmcl car and i wanted to ask him a question about the stripe ,,,,,, i think i just hijacked my own thread

onebadmopar

well after 6 more phone calls and 2 more messages i gave up they can have the 25 dollars obviously they need it more than i do  but i did make a call to the bbb and filed a complaint got the bolts elsewhere and should be here in a few days ....... my input on them is never again ........ simple call back would have sufficed with me

hutch

search the General Discussion board. I got screwed by them about 3 months ago on a stinking kick down cable.  I tell everyone I know to stay away from them.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

The Kid

Quote from: onebadmopar on May 07, 2008, 07:25:47 PM
well after 6 more phone calls and 2 more messages i gave up they can have the 25 dollars obviously they need it more than i do  but i did make a call to the bbb and filed a complaint got the bolts elsewhere and should be here in a few days ....... my input on them is never again ........ simple call back would have sufficed with me
Sorry to hear about all your troubles. Sounds like in the last few years their service has gone WAY down hill.

My Uncle still has new front/rear bumpers he ordered a while back from these guys he needs to pickup. From everybody else's experiances, it sounds like it not going to go well.