News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stolen 72 in Cali

Started by 69bronzeT5, May 08, 2008, 01:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Saw this on Moparts. Thought I would post over here.

"I had a 1972 Dodge charger stolen from me between 4/05/2008-4/19/2008 out of Gilroy CA. The car is a fixer upper but in very good shape. It is blue with some primer spots, black vinyl top, white bucket seat interior, front and rear sway bars, non hideaway headlights, 440 w/ 727 and black primer hood with a ford hood scoop. Plate number is o88rnt. If you purchased this car from somebody off of craigslist or know it's whereabouts contact me or the CA Highway patrol. Help me put these scumbags behind bars! The vin number is wh23g2a141057".
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Old Moparz

First, that sucks to have your car swiped, I hope the person gets it back, but I kind of doubt it since they can't pinpoint the time it was stolen. The thief has a good head start. Also makes me think it was in storage somewhere, or parked in a yard. So that brings to mind with me, all those people that spot a car that is a "fixer-upper" like this one, then discuss ways of saving it from the disrespectful owner.

I think there was a thread on Moparts about how someone was trying to figure out how they can take possession of this old Mopar in a run down garage in a crappy part of town. People were suggesting that they should just tow it out to "rescue" it & worry about how to get papers for it later. They fail to realize that the rescue effort they are contemplating is called stealing.   ::)

You never actually know what the owner's plans are.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

myk

Short of a really fun joyride I don't see the point of stealing a car like that one.  Not only is the car painfully obvious to the alerted set of eyes, but the moment you try to sell it or otherwise indicate you have it for whatever reason you'll probably get caught.  Body and engine parts?  I guess, but I think that a thief or thieves who steal cars for a living would want to concentrate their efforts on late model Hondas or other late model cars in general, as those cars and their parts are in VERY high demand...

68charger383

Chop it and sell the parts on ebay....dispose of the body when your done.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

evil1

I would say it was used for parts, how much could you get for a beat up 72 charger with no title ? not really worth the jail time .