News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does teflon need to go on new brake lines?

Started by WH23G3G, April 24, 2008, 10:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

I've got all new brake lines from the Right Stuff, Do I need to be putting teflon on the threads?

chargerbr549

NO the theads don't seal the pressure just the metal flare does, the threaded nut just puts pressure against the flare, it shouldn't need any sealant at all.

Kevin

Just 6T9 CHGR

:iagree:

Stainless Steel lines are a bit harder to get sealed though because they dont crush against the flare as easy as the plain steel ones
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

71charger_fan

I always put a little anti-seize on the back side of the flare around the tube to keep the nut from seizing to it.

bull

First off, no you don't need it on brake liines. Secondly, regarding teflon sealant in general, I've been told you really only need it when mating dissimilar metals such as putting a brass fitting into a pipe fitting or aluminum into steel, etc. Don't know how true that is but it's always worked for me. :shruggy: