News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A question on header reducers

Started by toupee, May 03, 2008, 11:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toupee

Hey all,

Following things that I have heard about Hedman headers I ordered a set of Hedman street headers for my 68 383HP (stock except DP4B and these headers).  I am a little surprised that the the reducers go all the way down from the 3" collector to 2 1/4".  I would have figured 2 1/2" is normal.  Any input?  I had a 2 1/2 system on the stock manifolds.  Should I just go 2 1/4" now or look for a different reducer.  I had also just consider some header mufflers and going back from there.  Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

Ghoste

Are you sure you 2 1/2 headpipes on the stock system?  I think the stock exhaust was 2 1/4 from the manifolds to the mufflers and then 2 1/2 on the tailpipes.

Runner

if you have a 2.5 system on the car then get different reducers.

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

toupee

Someone had put a 2 1/2 system on the car before I bought it.  It had 2 1/2 back to the mufflers (some generic turbos) and then 2 1/2 tailpipes.
I was going to try and re-use what I could of the 2 1/2 system except the mufflers.  I have already cut them out and laid them aside. 
I was more or less just confused because I figure headman knows what they are doing so maybe 2 1/4 is best since that's what they provide.  or maybe it's just that way in case you have a stock exhaust?

Ghoste

Okay then, the Hedman part number you need is 21103.