News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stock Radio install questions

Started by 68charger383, April 13, 2008, 08:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68charger383

Installing a stock radio in place of the aftermarket am/fm radio. So working from scratch

What size and length screws are used to mount radio to front dash radio bezel (screws that pass through dash frame and into front of radio)

Any certain kind of bolt head needed to avoid them interfering with radio bezel?

There is a screw on the back of the radio, should the radio be braced with a bracket from behind...or just screwed in the front?

Anyone know where i can get the female part of the harness to power up the radio. (have connecter on radio, but it must have been removed when they installed the after market one.

Thanks in advance  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

chargerman68

mine just slides down into place and with two medium size screws mount it....i will see if i have some of those screws and get them too u.

later
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

68charger383

Thanks,  :cheers:  not that big of a deal. I don't know why I sat on my butt all winter and waited until today to rip the gauges and radio out. Was planning on going to the mopar show next Sunday in Riverside.

I just wanted to know the size of the screws so I wouldn't have to take the radio down to Lowes. My biggest concern is to avoid getting screw heads which will interfere with the radio bezel.

Are you guys going to the Spring Fling?
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

chargerman68

yes with the car if i can get the small gremlins out of it...
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

UFO

While I don't know the size of the front screws without taking mine apart.I do remember they are about 1/2 inch long.Definitely brace the back,there should be a brace already welded to the dash frame work.Has a cutout the bolt sits in.

69chargerboy

I need a couple screws  for my am radio too. I 'll send ya a couple bucks if you have a few more... Thanks.
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup