News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

lets build a dragster!

Started by 68chargerboy, September 17, 2009, 08:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

Yessir, all those Nova nd Chevelle owners laughed at him unloading it off the trailer, but I know him and he does some stupid, crazy sh*t that'll run like hell....Needless to say, the Nova and Chevelle guys were running in the high 7's.They all shook their heads at his ratty, old Wagon that just cleaned their clocks...Making junk go fast is his specialty...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

68chargerboy

thats crazy! i would have loved to see that, got any pics?

Cooter

Next time I catch up with My buddy Jarrod, I'll snap a few...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

68chargerboy

Grim Jhaixus

I've been wanting to do the same with my 73 New Yorker (I call it the SDF-1) that I pulled my 440 from. I vote for the Viper idea.
"Scars" 1973 Base 318/904 Originally B5

Married on November 23rd, 2009
Fried all the electricals two weeks after purchase
Set on fire ~twice~
Overheated til it would diesel a full five minutes ~twice~

Never once didn't start, never stranded me, never once did not take me where I needed to go. Daily driver of 4+ years.

Currently undergoing 413/727 swap after I finally beat the 318 til it lost a headgasket. The kicker is the 318 still cranks and runs like nothing is wrong. I love my ca

68chargerboy

the viper idea has come and gone, it would have been awesome but maybe on another build

six-tee-nine

Bi-turbo 440 + EFI????     :whistling:
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

68chargerboy

Quote from: six-tee-nine on July 22, 2010, 01:24:02 PM
Bi-turbo 440 + EFI????     :whistling:

once my wallet allows me i will deffinately be making a stop at F.A.S.T  :D

Cooter

540 (Mega Block).........500 HP Direct Port Fogger............Chassis to hold it......

Spray it till it explodes......

elacruze

Quote from: Cooter on July 23, 2010, 11:43:51 AM
540 (Mega Block).........500 HP Direct Port Fogger............Chassis to hold it......

Spray it till it explodes......

:iagree:

BME rods, Callie's Crank, JE or Diamond Pistons, just add NOS as necessary. Oh yeah get somebody to get the cam right for the NOS.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

68chargerboy

lol sorry guys, no nitrous motor, turbos are already here haha

1Bad70Charger

Quote from: 68chargerboy on July 23, 2010, 01:58:54 PM
lol sorry guys, no nitrous motor, turbos are already here haha

:coolgleamA:  :2thumbs:  :cheers:
48 year old Self Employed Trial Lawyer (I fight the ambulance chasers); 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner A12 Tribute Car, Built 505ci; Silver 2008 Hemi Dodge Challenger SRT8, Black 2006 Corvette Z06 427ci LS7-Keep God First, Family Second and Horsepower Third.  Interests:  God, Fast American Cars (old and new), Classic Muscle Cars, German Sheperds, Guns, Animals and the Great Outdoors (sick of Chicago).

68chargerboy

stroker is suppose to arrive tuesday according to the tracking number, got a few pics ill put up once i get the stroker  :2thumbs:

68chargerboy

got my storker kit in the mail today, put in the crank, got all my pistons/rods together, puttin in the pistons/rods tomorrow night!  :icon_smile_big:  ill post picks once the pistons are in,  have a lot lol

Challenger340

Quote from: 68chargerboy on July 28, 2010, 12:24:12 AM
got my storker kit in the mail today, put in the crank, got all my pistons/rods together, puttin in the pistons/rods tomorrow night!  :icon_smile_big:  ill post picks once the pistons are in,  have a lot lol

:Twocents:
just a reminder,
Don't forget to check the Bearing Clearances closely as delivered from 440source, don't assume anything.

ARP main studs ? Block Align Honed after ?

Congrats & Good Luck !
Only wimps wear Bowties !