News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

engine bay in sealer ***UPDATE***now paint!!!

Started by jaak, March 21, 2008, 09:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

I have been sanding and wire wheeling my engine bay for a few days now. I sprayed some urethane sealer on it today, looked pretty good but found a couple of spots I didn't sand good that I need to redo.

Jason

Ghoste

Well, it looks damned fine by the pics.   :2thumbs:

71green go

plum500

skeets 66

jaak

Saturday I painted the core support and The outside of my inner fenders black, I know the core support is suppose to be flat, but I'm just building a nice driver, not a concourse correct car. I used Nason 'fulcryl' acrylic enamel for the black part, and bought a quart of J6 sassy grass green 'fulbase' basecoat and a quart of select clear. Maybe I can get the green sprayed on later this week. I wanted to go ahead and paint this part so if I decide to go ahead and drop in the engine anytime at least this is out of the way.

Jason

71green go

Looks great!.........I am doing the same sort of thing painting the engine bay first so Ican get Motor installed and out of my way.....looks like you are doing a really good Job, post some more pics when its in Green!......I love the sassy grass/Green go green!...

jaak

Painted it GO GREEN/SASSY GRASS today!!

Jason

Fitz73Chrgr

Looks great!  I can't tell from the pics, is this the 69 or the 72?  I'm guessing 69 since you mentioned the radiator support is supposed to be black?
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

jaak

its the 69, I actually sold the 72 yesterday.  I know go green is not a 69 color, but its my favorite mopar color.

Jason

The70RT

Nice job  :2thumbs: As soon as we ever get warmer weather I will be doing the same.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PocketThunder

Are you going to continue the go green color underneath all the way to the back?   ;)
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: jaak on April 03, 2008, 09:14:32 PM
its the 69, I actually sold the 72 yesterday.  I know go green is not a 69 color, but its my favorite mopar color.

Jason

I love go green also, I'm looking forward to seeing the whole car painted!
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

jaak

Quote from: PocketThunder on April 04, 2008, 08:47:59 AM
Are you going to continue the go green color underneath all the way to the back? ;)

I don't know yet, this car is undercoated from the factory, and I plan on driving it, so I like the idea of keeping the undercoat, but man these cars look so sweet, when the undercarriage is clean and painted. I may do this. I know im gonna paint all the jambs, and inside trunk, but i will probably get someone else to do the outside paint.

Jason

rav440

1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

69*F5*SE

Looks like some nice work to me. Can't wait to see the rest when it's all painted.    :popcrn: