News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

keystone clamps

Started by BananaDan, April 06, 2011, 10:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaDan

Is there a proper tool to crimp keystone clamps down, like on the fuel lines?  I assume there is, but what's it called?  If it's a keystone clamp crimper or something stupid simple like that, I'm buying the first round.    :brickwall:

Dan
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

A383Wing

yea..I got one at work...used to use it on the CV axle clamps...now it just sits in my toolbox gathering dust because it's cheaper to just replace the entire axle rather than replace the clamp & boot

67tbird

check the plumbing isle at Lowes/Home Depot pex crimpers mines labled Apollo, and worked with fuel line, dont know about keystones might take one in 2 be sure.

BananaDan

I'm confused. Aren't the clamps used on the rubber fuel lines called keystone clamps?  If I'm wrong, what I want is the tool for the fuel line clamps.  Also, once crimped on, is there a trick to removing them without wrecking the fuel line?

Dan
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

gtx6970

could  be called otecker clamps or keystone clamps.

Get a good pair of CV boot pliers and you'l be good

to remove them once installed it just takes good side cutters ( they are one time use only - unless your extremely careful to remove them )

just to verify, we are talking about these correct ?

67tbird

Dan, what I thought you were talking about was fuel line for high pressure fuel pump, so what I suggested earlier is probably wrong.(nuttin new there!)