News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

To tip or not to tip

Started by cpthowdy1369, March 31, 2008, 06:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpthowdy1369

Hey guys, I am finally getting to buy a charger and I am having it shipped down from Michigan.  Is it customary to tip the driver when it arrives or do I just pay the price of the shipping and leave it at that?   :shruggy:   Thanks for your help guys.
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!

71superbee

I think it's a good idea to tip the driver.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 71superbee on March 31, 2008, 06:57:21 PM
I think it's a good idea to tip the driver.

:yesnod: It would be a kind gesture
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Death1970Proof

If everything arrives safely and they are coming from far especially. I say yes!
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

Drache

unless he chained your car down by the frame!  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Drache on March 31, 2008, 07:16:37 PM
unless he chained your car down by the frame!  :icon_smile_big:
Like mine and tore it in 5 places. :'(   Even after I called and told them not too.  :rofl:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69charger2002

i normally have never tipped a driver. well if it's $795 i give them $800, but that to me isn't really a tip.. maybe i haven't because i get it done so often anyway. i have probably had 40 cars shipped over the last couple years..but i may start. they used to make GOOD money transporting cars, but with diesel at $4 a gallon, and them not realy raising prices all that much to ship cars, many of them barely make any money right now... seems like most that come here can't even speak english...
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Old Moparz

I've always tipped the driver unless they were a complete a-hole. One thing though, make sure there isn't any damage before you fork it over.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry