News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd Gen Bench Seat to Bucket Seat Conversion - A Success !

Started by BMOTOXSTAR, March 30, 2008, 05:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMOTOXSTAR

I thank everyone for all the help on this. :cheers:
The bench/bucket conversion went nice. :2thumbs:
I have now found out the 75-76 Cordoba/Charger seats & tracks will fit in a 74' Satellite.
Man, what a difference. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
I am going to re-cover the buddy seat and seats next summer. For now I am going to throw some seat covers on.
I still have some adjustmens to make on the passenger side.
Question, is it necessary to buy the bucket seat support plates? I saw a set on E-Bay.
Looks like they go on the inside, before the seat sets on the carpet, on the side next to the center hump since there were not holes there before?
I tightened the bolts up withut the supports and it seems that they are holding fine.
So, should I spend the $30 for the plates? :shruggy:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Charger1973

Nice!  They really dont look all that bad...  Plus aftermarket covers suck.   Hell I would scrub them up real good and dye them to match your interior.  It would be cheaper than covers and look better too.

BMOTOXSTAR

Thanks man, and thanks for all your help.
How do Igo about fixing the rips in the vinyl? Looks like someone took a razor blade to spots and cut the covers. :flame:
I heard you can spray paint seats as well? :shruggy:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Charger1973

Not sure about fixing vinyl and the spray on dye, yeah I used it once.  It held up decent but after a while some of it started wearing off.  Still though, for a temp fix, I dont see how you can go wrong. 

NHCharger

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on March 30, 2008, 05:34:47 PM

So, should I spend the $30 for the plates? :shruggy:

No. It's just a couple of pieces of 1/8" metal, approx. 2 1/2"x 4".
Go to your nearest bodyshop on a Friday afternoon with a six pack and tell them what you need, I'm sure you'll leave with the plates and minus the six pack.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel