News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dash pad bubble

Started by AmadeusCharger500, March 29, 2008, 01:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

I insatalled a dash pad. Colored it green and had it sitting in place pretty tight. Once I put it in the sun for a day it developed a bubble near the front speaker area. It comes and goes as it warms up.
I can reach under that bubble and feel the hardened glue must have just given way.
What are the chances if I reglue this that it will stay with that hardened glue still underneat.
I also have no clue what type of glue would be best. I want something that will hold fast on 1st try.
I don't have the original glue container but I believe it was some type of silicon and was long setting.
CAn I get something from the local auto or do I have to get it from the dashcap place?

Thanks

onebadmopar

i,d try gorilla glue has held everything ive ever needed to glue i got mine at lowes

hutch

Quote from: AmadeusCharger500 on March 29, 2008, 01:59:17 PM
I insatalled a dash pad. Colored it green and had it sitting in place pretty tight. Once I put it in the sun for a day it developed a bubble near the front speaker area. It comes and goes as it warms up.
I can reach under that bubble and feel the hardened glue must have just given way.
What are the chances if I reglue this that it will stay with that hardened glue still underneat.
I also have no clue what type of glue would be best. I want something that will hold fast on 1st try.
I don't have the original glue container but I believe it was some type of silicon and was long setting.
CAn I get something from the local auto or do I have to get it from the dashcap place?

Thanks

mine did the exact same thing in the same spot when it got hit by sunlight.  I put some liquid nail construction glue  from Lowes and then put a brick on top of a towl on it and let it sit overnight.  I never came up again.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

Nacho-RT74

is that a pad or a cap ?

if a pad... what it was the source ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

AmadeusCharger500

It is a cap.
I'll tr the liquid nails!