News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird Hoodpin and lanyards question?

Started by rainbow4jd, April 06, 2014, 10:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainbow4jd

My pins, posts, bezels, and lanyards are currently in a box waiting to be re-installed down the road - but I'm thinking about replacing versus rechroming.  So I have a couple of questions...

A) Anyone that makes or reproduces and exact factory kit?   

B) If I only need parts - rather than a complete assemby - what are the individual characteristics of the pin assembly?

Length of the lanyard and the type - thickness of cable used?

Where the PINs unique?

What about the bezels, posts, etc. etc.

Any good photos of CORRECT VS WRONG?

Thanks everyone.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

rainbow4jd

pettybird

Mike at BE/A *should* have the right setups still

maxwellwedge

Frank Badalson sells the proper chromed pins and all the correct hardware.  http://www.rogergibsonautorestoration.com/

hemigeno

Quote from: maxwellwedge on April 07, 2014, 08:43:58 AM
Frank Badalson sells the proper chromed pins and all the correct hardware.  http://www.rogergibsonautorestoration.com/

:iagree:

Frank's lanyards have the correct coloring on each end (they're usually different), the cable coating has good color as well, and the shape of the heads is also really close to OE parts.  His pins are also not too pointy on the ends as some repro's are.  One stop shopping w/ Frank...

If you want to keep your hood pin bezels & screws from getting all scratched up from the hood pins, buy an extra pair of hood pin bezel gaskets when you get your set.  Then, simply place the loose gasket in between your hood pin and the bezel.  Keeps everything from getting scratched up. :Twocents:

:2thumbs:

Mopar John

Rainbow,
There was an original hood pin set on EBAY this past weekend! The top bid was setting around $50.00 till the last day. I was interested as my last set of original clips cost me that much to replate! They have a "D" shaped end as you can see in the pictures. So before I left for supper it was still around $50.00. When I return and check it's now above $150.00 and that left me out. I checked the next morning and the set went for something like $257.00 with several differant bidders interested! WOW!
MJ