News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68's a little low, Prices a little high

Started by Stevearino, December 03, 2013, 07:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sublime/Sixpack

Looks like a quality build. I'd like to take it for a long test drive! :yesnod:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

myk

Up for sale again, and at that price I'm sure it will make even more rounds on ebay.  Time to head to Barrett Jackson/Mecum!
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Tilar

It's a nice looking car, but that interior leaves a lot to be desired.  :Twocents:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Stevearino

I'd think for a quarter of a million dollars that the interior would have a little more thought put into it. That is pretty run of the mill resto mod hot rod stuff there with the two rear buckets and the full length console. Not bad for maybe $60,000.00 but for that price I think they could have made a little more effort.

xs29bb1

I gotta be honest, and I'm sure I'm in the minority..... but I think that car is a POS.

hatersaurusrex

Sorry for the guy who 'invested' 300K, but you could put all that together out of a junkyard and not break 100K - easily.   In fact, I'd be more impressed if it had a custom 4-link in the back than just a lame-ass Ford 9".

For 300K I'd expect a streetable 9 second miracle car.   Like, give me a twin turbo crate hemi making 1K horsepower.  Something more badass than 'Well, we took some viper parts, some charger parts, and some corvette parts and birthed this Frankencar'

I bet the speed shop had it for 3 years and charged him dearly.   
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

myk

The investment amount is irrelevant; it feels like I've put in $1,000,000 in my car but I know I'd be lucky to get $25K for it.  People really need to check themselves...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on December 05, 2013, 12:27:09 AM
Sorry for the guy who 'invested' 300K, but you could put all that together out of a junkyard and not break 100K - easily.   In fact, I'd be more impressed if it had a custom 4-link in the back than just a lame-ass Ford 9".

For 300K I'd expect a streetable 9 second miracle car.   Like, give me a twin turbo crate hemi making 1K horsepower.  Something more badass than 'Well, we took some viper parts, some charger parts, and some corvette parts and birthed this Frankencar'

I bet the speed shop had it for 3 years and charged him dearly.   

U know the shop loved him.....

Dino

It would cost me a ton to remove all that crap and turn it into a Charger again so I'll offer $5K, but that's as high as I will go!   :D
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

wingcar

Rule Number One:  The minute you "customize" a car, you limit your customer base.  (It comes down to personal taste, and not all of us have the same tastes...thank God)

Rule Number Two:  You never get 100% of your investment back when you "customize" (or in a lot of cases totally restore) a vehicle

Rule Number Three:  Because of the first two rules.....build a car for yourself and enjoy it, (but don't ever build the car with the mind set of "what can I get for it later"...you will be disappointed)   
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Stevearino

Quote from: wingcar on December 05, 2013, 09:29:41 AM
Rule Number One:  The minute you "customize" a car, you limit your customer base.  (It comes down to personal taste, and not all of us have the same tastes...thank God)

Rule Number Two:  You never get 100% of your investment back when you "customize" (or in a lot of cases totally restore) a vehicle

Rule Number Three:  Because of the first two rules.....build a car for yourself and enjoy it, (but don't ever build the car with the mind set of "what can I get for it later"...you will be disappointed)   

Yeah! But my car is gonna be different and when everyone sees how I knock it out of the park with my great ideas all of these rules won't apply to me :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: