News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

torque boxes

Started by r73mopar, February 05, 2008, 09:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dukeboy_318

where are you located at,
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

Charger1973

I REALLY doubt you will find any difference between 73 and 74.  I havent compared them side by side but as far as I know nothing in that area should have changed. 

AutoRust

Quote from: Charger1973 on February 12, 2008, 10:31:47 AM
I REALLY doubt you will find any difference between 73 and 74.  I havent compared them side by side but as far as I know nothing in that area should have changed. 

:brickwall:

I agree with that assessment. However the customer I sent a set to, from the ones designed off a 73, had a 74 and said he had problems installing them. I feel its best to be safe, and get a 74 in the shop and make a set. Then I can be sure what fits, and if any modifications are needed.
Our shop is located in Providence, Rhode Island. 1 hours drive south of Boston, 3 hour drive from the GW bridge in NYC.

:2thumbs:

Dave
Nothing to see here folks, its just a Bluesmobile

Fitz73Chrgr

So is anyone making 73 subframe connectors? 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

doctorpimp

'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Fitz73Chrgr

Any pics? 

Also, do any companies make the other style connectors, that are cut to fit the contour of the floorpans? 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

doctorpimp

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on March 24, 2008, 04:15:28 PM
Any pics?

Also, do any companies make the other style connectors, that are cut to fit the contour of the floorpans?

Pics, I'll see what I can do...
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Hemidoug

This is the torque box you are talking about. It is the part just ahead of where the front spring hanger is mounted to.
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

hemihead

Quote from: AutoRust on February 12, 2008, 12:51:40 PM

I agree with that assessment. However the customer I sent a set to, from the ones designed off a 73, had a 74 and said he had problems installing them. I feel its best to be safe, and get a 74 in the shop and make a set. Then I can be sure what fits, and if any modifications are needed.
Our shop is located in Providence, Rhode Island. 1 hours drive south of Boston, 3 hour drive from the GW bridge in NYC.

Dave
Another thing to consider is , did this customer have any automotive savvy ? Kind of like giving the most powerful computer in the world to someone who doesn't know how to turn it on . I have been around ( and under )  lots of 73 - 74 's . I would tend to lean more toward that wonderful Mopar tolerance .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: doctorpimp on March 24, 2008, 07:14:21 PM
Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on March 24, 2008, 04:15:28 PM
Any pics?
Pics, I'll see what I can do...

No hurry, I'm just doing some research.  Just if and whenever you get a chance.  Thanks man. 

Resto thread:

AutoRust

Quote from: hemihead on March 24, 2008, 11:55:30 PM
Quote from: AutoRust on February 12, 2008, 12:51:40 PM

Dave
Another thing to consider is , did this customer have any automotive savvy ? Kind of like giving the most powerful computer in the world to someone who doesn't know how to turn it on . I have been around ( and under )  lots of 73 - 74 's . I would tend to lean more toward that wonderful Mopar tolerance .

Now there is an interesting thought. Its very possible he did not have enough skills or ability to do it properly. However I tend to err on the side of caution. Untill we had a 73 or 74 in the shop, I am reluctant to advertise them as correct for that body. When we designed them, we felt that they would fit, no problem. Never sold a set, as we didnt know for sure. That guy called, I told him we wasnt sure. Maybe thats why he had a problem, maybe he had a doubt already in his mind, and "found" a fitment issue. I guess ya never know for sure.
Until I have one in the shop for further development, I would rather not claim they fit.

Dave.

:cheers:
Nothing to see here folks, its just a Bluesmobile