News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Limited Slip Lube additive

Started by Chatt69chgr, March 07, 2008, 07:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatt69chgr

The local Mopar dealer told me that Chrysler was getting rid of the 4-oz bottles and going to 2-oz bottles that cost several dollars more.  Anybody else heard of this?  I decided to not buy any on that particular day and found another source for the 4-oz bottles at a very reasonable price so bought several. 

runningman

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I was wondering if all the brands friction additive were the same.  I had a buddy pick some up for me from Mancini's and they gave him a bottle of Auburn Gear additive.  Also how much gear lube is needed in an 8 3/4?  Thanks guys!   Matt

Chatt69chgr

I bet that it's all the same as long as you buy it from a reputable manufacturer.  Mopar probably just went to one of the big gear oil companies and asked them what to use and then had it packaged in their bottle. 

My understanding is that you need 4-oz of additive for one rearend oil change.  After you have dumped the old rearend oil, you would put in the 4-oz of additive and then fill the thing the rest of the way with gear lube so it starts flowing out of the fiiller hole.