News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paint or powder coat the k-member?

Started by bull, February 19, 2008, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4aThrill

the silver on the arms is that common or just want them to stand out? I was was just thinking of doing the K frame and arms and such a black either a semi or gloss  :popcrn:

Death1970Proof

I went the paint route with mine. I used purple power to degrease it, then headed to northern tool and bought an el cheapo sandblaster gun (about $25) then blasted it. Any other imperfections were taken care of with a wire brush and a drill.  I started with eastwood extreme chassis primer and then top coated it with eastwoods extreme gloss black chassis paint. It looks great actually and almost looks powdercoated as well.  We will see how good it'll hold up when the car goes together and gets used on regular basis. The nearest powdercoating place is a very far away drive and with the high fuel prices it's real hard for me to see. In short it looks good enough for me and keep in mind it's gonna be a driver NOT a showcar.. :Twocents:
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

Goldfinger71

For what it's worth my car will be just as much a driver as a show :yesnod:car.

I have never driven my Charger.When I bought it,it did not have a motor.(I will be searching for it soon.)It's been almost 5 years! :o                MAN,I CAN'T WAIT! :coolgleamA:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!