News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Heater/AC fan motor removal.

Started by StockMan, March 09, 2008, 09:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StockMan

I have a 68'charger with A/C and need to replace the brushes in the blower motor.  I was told this motor can be removed from the engine compartment.  I tried this but after removing the bolts it was still locked it.  Are there other bolts that would need to be removed?  Also, I needed to replace the plastic vacuum regulator box on the heater controls as it was damaged due to overheating.  Is this typical for these units?  Could this have been due to the blower motor drawing to much current?  After I bought the car I did need to adjust the voltage (regulator) to lower the voltage in the system from 16.5 to 13.5.  Maybe it was that? Thanks.

gasoline_24

You will need to remove the clamp on the squirel cage from the inside of the car.  Mine was stuck on there pretty good and I had to use the hammer to persuade it off.  Once that is off, it should come loose.  I am assuming you have removed the nuts from the engine side.

Chatt69chgr

Be careful and don't damage the fan.  I think it's metal on the 68.  I think you can get a replacement fan but I think it's made out of plastic.  You can buy the little clip if yours breaks.  It's a spring clip.

gasoline_24

No, mine was plastic.  I agree though you must be carefule or it will break easily.