News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lucky driver at my house...whew!

Started by chargerrt, March 07, 2008, 10:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerrt

I just thought I'd share some pics of my brother's car (a low mileage 2001 Bullitt Mustang).  He got into a pretty serious accident on the way to school Wednesday morning but luckily walked away with only bruises and what looks like a cracked rib.  It was raining pretty heavily that morning and, according to him, he lost control because the car hydroplaned.  He went off the road and ran over a bunch of "boulders" (around 10-12" in diameter) before nailing a palm tree with his driver's door.  It completely took the palm tree out of the ground.  The inpact also boke the frame on the car.  After over an hour of work the tow truck was able to pull the car from the beach sand, boulders, and between some trees, but not before destroying the passenger side of the car on another tree.  I snapped these pictures today while he was getting his personal belongings out of the car.  Afterwards he was moping around saying, "I've got a case of bad luck," which got me pretty angry because I had a friend die from a similar crash a little over a year ago.  I told him, "Bro, your funeral should have been today."  After that it didn't take him long to brighten up a little bit.

Tilar

Wow, Yeah I'd say he was extremely lucky. It looks like the drivers seat was about to become part of the console. He's lucky a broken rib was all he ended up with.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

69bronzeT5

Yea, he is extremely lucky! Too bad, that was a nice car
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

68RT4ME

Unbelievable... :o  Thank God he's ok. I Wish him a speedy recovery.. :cheers:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

The70RT

Wow....glad he is ok. If you look at Mustangs crash tests they are better than most.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

suntech

A 2001 Mustang can be replaced...................brothers can´t!!!!!
He was very lucky.
BTW: If he was aquaplanning, loosing control, sliding sideways through those obsticals, through a "sandtrap" for so curl the car around a palmtree.................... Well, he was sure as hell not doing 35 mph!!!
Tell your brother to quit bitching, and wipe ON a grin, due to the fact that he is alive and kicking :engel016:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

1969chargerrtse

Wow  :o  It's just a car that you can't take with you when you go.  He is really lucky, glad to hear he'll be o.k.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

whitehatspecial

Mustang+HP+rain= spinouts

Some things never change. Glad he's OK and able to tell the story!
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: chargerrt on March 07, 2008, 10:18:14 PM
Afterwards he was moping around saying, "I've got a case of bad luck," which got me pretty angry because I had a friend die from a similar crash a little over a year ago.  I told him, "Bro, your funeral should have been today."  After that it didn't take him long to brighten up a little bit.
That's for sure! If it impacted the tree another foot to the rear, his head would probably be curved in the same shape that door is. :o That boy's definitely lucky. It's a bummer about the car, but he can learn his lesson from this & drive another day.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Mike DC

He's lucky to be alive, that's for sure. 

The truth is that he was probably just going way too fast for the situation.  I'd call that at least 40 mph just for the tree impact alone, let alone how much speed was scrubbed off sliding & going over the boulders first.  He had to be really moving when he left the road. 

Manfred318

Holy crap :o Its amazing he only walked away with so few injuries.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

chargerrt

The speed zone he was in was a 45mph.  I don't think I've stated that yet.  I don't know if he was going too fast for the zone or what.  It doesn't matter to me all that much right now  ;D

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Hemidog

speedfreak68

hes a lucky guy. with everythin that happened to that car im suprised that the airbags didn't go off.

FastbackJon

Glad he was okay! Car did not fare well at all. But maybe a good HPLAG father/son project?
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

JMF

Do you know what 4 digit Bullitt number this car is? It's just so the guys at the Bullitt registry can include it, thanks

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: JMF on March 10, 2008, 04:32:44 AM
Do you know what 4 digit Bullitt number this car is? It's just so the guys at the Bullitt registry can include it, thanks
Jeez, are men car lovers or what?   :icon_smile_wink:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: FastbackJon on March 10, 2008, 12:43:50 AM
Glad he was okay! Car did not fare well at all. But maybe a good HPLAG father/son project?
O.k, I can't take it anymore.  What the heck is "HPLAG"  :eek2:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 10, 2008, 05:03:08 AM
O.k, I can't take it anymore.  What the heck is "HPLAG"  :eek2:
A place to steer clear of at all costs. :o

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)