News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ignition. help!

Started by cudadude013, March 05, 2008, 04:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudadude013

My '68's wiring is not original so the diagrams I've found are useless.

When I put the key in the ignition switch and turn nothing happens so I have to jump her from the starter relay with a screwdriver.

I have wires on IGN 1,  IGN 2, and BAT. Which others do I need to get this baby started? I was told I may just need the ground wire. Is this correct or will I need more?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: cudadude013 on March 05, 2008, 04:35:35 PM

When I put the key in the ignition switch and turn nothing happens so I have to jump her from the starter relay with a screwdriver.

I have wires on IGN 1,  IGN 2, and BAT. Which others do I need to get this baby started? I was told I may just need the ground wire. Is this correct or will I need more?

Is the neutral saftey switch in working order?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Tilar

Quote from: cudadude013 on March 05, 2008, 04:35:35 PM

Do your gauges move when you turn the key on?

Will the turn signals and wipers work when you turn the key on?

If you answered Yes to these, then you know you have power to the switch.

If Not, we need to trace back and see where you are losing the current.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

cudadude013

No lights (front of rear) or guage cluster has been connected yet. I'm just working on getting her started from the ignition for now.

I'm really new to this so I'm attempting one thing at a time.

and I'm not familiar with what the Neutral Safety switch looks like of where its located, and pics?

Thank :popcrn:

Charger-Bodie

On a 68 its on the tranny it is a one wire sending unit that closes a curciut via ground.

heres a pic although its not a great one.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

cudadude013