News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do you guys want a DodgeCharger.com Meet this year? Kent, WA

Started by triple_green, February 27, 2008, 10:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGuy

History Lesson:
The DodgeCharger.com meet in Kent, WA was first held back in 2002 when Jesse "dare I say his name on this sight" Rose set up the original DodgeCharger.com site.  A few of us in Seattle put the thing together up there, since Jesse lived in Spokane, and there were several members concentrated in the Northwest.  Triple Green did a lot of the work, the big job primarily locating a site.  He was able to get his church parking lot in Kent, WA.  It was a casual gathering, no contests, trophys or competition - just a day to all get together with a few raffle prizes from some businesses we got donated items from.  After hanging out and a BBQ, the first meet ended with a cruise down to a state park.  We all had a great time - although, as usual, the weather can be hard to predict and the first get together landed on a pretty cold day.

Marc, unfortunately, I probably won't be able to attend anymore since moving.  However, keep it going if you can.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

bull

Quote from: 1970 Charger 500 on February 28, 2008, 04:36:39 PM
For me, it's kind of boring seeing one beautifully restored Charger after another after another, and if most of them are restored to stock, you've seen one you've seen them all. 

Oh come on. You can stand it once a year. :cheers:

1970 Charger 500

Quote from: bull on February 28, 2008, 09:10:06 PM
Quote from: 1970 Charger 500 on February 28, 2008, 04:36:39 PM
For me, it's kind of boring seeing one beautifully restored Charger after another after another, and if most of them are restored to stock, you've seen one you've seen them all. 

Oh come on. You can stand it once a year. :cheers:

Yes, you are right, I can!

70charginglizard

Quote from: triple_green on February 28, 2008, 04:57:44 PM
Tony, you don't like my church............... :o

I tried to move the show to the new Kent Station last year and the people who I had to get permission from were the biggest "pain-in-the-a$$" bureaucrats, I had ever dealt with. They took weeks to return my calls and then in the end they turned me over to a "city official" who said they would tow our cars if we showed up.......I'm not going thru that again....

3x
Mark

Mark,

Try one of your local middle schools down there somewhere closer to the main part of town perhaps by the fereeway.

Usually the local middle schools can be pretty receptive about hosting local car shows.

I know they have been pretty cool about it up here in the Lake Stevens area. We've had at least two that I know of and they were pretty awesome! Especially if you can plan um around a town even or something like Aquafest or Seafare weekend.

Just a thought.

I'll try to make it regardless as long as it isn't held on the same weekend my daughters B-day is going on.
70charginglizard

bull

Yea right. I haven't seen you there yet, and I have to drive almost 250 miles to get there every year. :nana:

r73mopar

im all for holding a dc meet in the mid west seeing how im in central wisconsin! :yesnod:

RallyeMike

I think I've missed two, and ill be there as long as there is no conflict with race dates.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

TK73

This meet has been SO COOL!!  I love hangin with you guys!!  Sad I missed those 2 years ('05 / '06), was not doing much car stuff.   :rotz:

I personally don't give a flip if spectators come through, I'm there to hang with the people on this site and anybody else that shows up.  Last year a couple people did drive through, that was cool.

Ran into a guy a few weekends ago that was at the early meets, dude has a '72 /6 4-door Satellite. Recognized the car at the Schucks and hung out for a bit talkin cars, that is what these things are for, to bring us together...

As far as Kent station, F the bureaucrats, we should meet down there.   :flame:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

bull

Quote from: TK73 on March 01, 2008, 04:55:15 PM
This meet has been SO COOL!!  I love hangin with you guys!!  Sad I missed those 2 years ('05 / '06), was not doing much car stuff.   :rotz:
I personally don't give a flip if spectators come through, I'm there to hang with the people on this site and anybody else that shows up.  Last year a couple people did drive through, that was cool.

:yesnod: They don't want to see me but I want to see them.

I'd like the show to last long enough for me to get my Charger up there one day. Seems like '04 maybe there was a very big turnout. It was the first year it was held in the upper lot and it was quite full. Whatever the date was then it worked out pretty good.

squeakfinder

I think this time my car will be ready for the trip.

:scratchchin: I wonder if June or July would be better months?

Hate to say it, but I think I was the first to suggest August last year. Then it wound up conflicting with my work schedule, and again the car wasn't ready. :brickwall:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

squeakfinder

Quote from: 68isgr8 on February 27, 2008, 11:45:54 AM
I think that would be fun, I don't own a charger (although I'd love to) but I'd be happy to drive my coronet there.   ;) 

Good point. Maybe a little variety wouldn't hurt.

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

68isgr8

Quote from: squeakfinder on March 01, 2008, 09:10:31 PM
Quote from: 68isgr8 on February 27, 2008, 11:45:54 AM
I think that would be fun, I don't own a charger (although I'd love to) but I'd be happy to drive my coronet there.   ;) 

Good point. Maybe a little variety wouldn't hurt.

It isn't finished by all means, but at least the engine bay is and I can drive it!  Hubby is hoping he'll at least get the interior done this summer...*smiles*

grdprx

HECK YES, hold the Kent meet again!  I finally got the wife to let me get my car late last August; while I was talking her into it, we are driving down 240th near the church and I see 1.....2....3..... and then the Daytona wing.  My wife is asleep in the passenger's seat.  "HOLY $h*t!!"  I yell, I scared the crap out of her.  she was like "what's going on", I'm speechless, can only point behind me.  She can't see, she's yelling at me what's going on... "THERE'S like EIGHT CHARGERS BACK THERE!!!"  She's like "Oh my god"  And goes back to sleep.

It was funny, cuz I had been on this site; but it wasn't until a couple weeks after the fact that I found the thread on here and put 2 and 2 together.

So anyway, I'm trying to get my 68 ready for this summer; in hopes that there would be another meet this year.  Should be heading to the paint shop next weekend.  That'll take some time, hope to get the motor out to the machine shop soon too.  Get it all back mid spring hopefully.  And arrive in style.   :icon_smile_big:

68isgr8

Quote from: grdprx on March 02, 2008, 12:48:22 AM
"HOLY $h*t!!"  I yell, I scared the crap out of her.  she was like "what's going on", I'm speechless, can only point behind me.  She can't see, she's yelling at me what's going on... "THERE'S like EIGHT CHARGERS BACK THERE!!!"  She's like "Oh my god"  And goes back to sleep.

:lol: 

RallyeMike

QuoteSo anyway, I'm trying to get my 68 ready for this summer; in hopes that there would be another meet this year.  Should be heading to the paint shop next weekend.  That'll take some time, hope to get the motor out to the machine shop soon too.  Get it all back mid spring hopefully.  And arrive in style.

If you can actually get the car painted and reassembled with a new motor by then, without getting a divorce, I will be very impressed. Even if you don't get it done, hope to see you there anyway   :thumbs:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/