News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Keep the 73' Charger or sell and pick up a 69' Coronet???

Started by russg, August 13, 2009, 12:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

russg

Ok, just picked up my 73 charger with 383 in not more than a month ago or so, have most of the interior done and engine is running good and having fun working on it and was looking forward to getting the exhaust done and a higher stall torque Converter then finish up with a fresh paint job.  I have a chance at a 69 Coronet with 440 if I can find a buyer for the 73 in reasonable time.   I really like the body style of the Coronet but now kind of feel like I would be abandoning the 73 if I jump ship now, you know how they tend to grow on you when you spend so much time on them.  Yes I know it's my decision but should I sell out and go with what I originally was looking for in the 69?
73 Charger SE, 383, Headman headers, Holley 670 SA, Flowmaster Super 44's

CB

too me a '69 Coronet is also a killer (muscle) Mopar to have!
I love 3rd gen Chargers but the Coronet is really...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mpn5GwUJpI

... cool!

CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Nacho-RT74

nothing like the comfort of a 3rd gen... what can I say!!!. BUT

If was a 70 coronet or bee ( with rallye gauges ), maybe will be on the same dilema ( better look ), but for a 69 Coronet... naaah I don't think so will be on that dilema.

after sat and drive a 70 Charger and my Charger, I wouldn't replace a 3rd gen friendly interior and handling sensation ( not saying wouldn't susbtitute the car, just talking the feeling )

Driving my 74 I feel like I'm part of the car ( since the first time ). Didn't happen with the 70.

about the burnout at youtube... thats not because is a Coronet, thats the engine and can be done the same with a 73 Charger or whatever car with a good setup :icon_smile_big:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Skyview69

Tough choice but I think I would go with the Coronet  :yesnod:

russg

Yea, I like the seating in the 73 with buckets and a center console with floor shifter, the 69 was being made to be a superbee clone plus has a Dana rear end, aluminum drive shaft and other various go fast goodies, but I think has a split bench seat with column shifter
73 Charger SE, 383, Headman headers, Holley 670 SA, Flowmaster Super 44's

twodko

If the '69 Coronet you're looking at is an all original 440 car that's the choice I'd make. I'm a diehard 2nd gen guy and 69's are the car to have for me. Good luck, its a tough decision.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

mikesbbody

I prefer the 3rd gen body style not a fan of colume change but it comes down to what you prefer.