News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Video questions on Windows

Started by Todd Wilson, February 23, 2008, 09:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Wilson

Is there a way using windows programs to snag snapshots out of a DVD movie?  Wanting to watch a movie and snag some stills?!?!  I know theres programs out there but was hoping windows had something built in or if someone can point me in the right direction for a freeware program.

Also anyone know how to convert a DVD movie into one of the computer formats such as WMV or AVI?

Todd

ChgrSteve67

I use good ol "Print Screen" (fn+Insert on my pc) and mspaint for stills and basic image editing.
Comes with windows.

For riping DVD's you will need software like "free dvd ripper" or something simular.
Fully featured software will cost you money.

From there I usually import it into "Windows Movie Maker" to edit.
I use Windows XP, don't know if WMM comes with Vista.

Drache

The print screen wont work off a DVD or at least 99% of them at least none of the computers Ive used allowed me to do it. Some progams like  VLC I think its called has the option to do it though.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

ChgrSteve67

WinDVD version 5 has a capture feature for screen shots as well

Todd Wilson

Thanks a bunch. I found a litlte program online that did the job. It worked good when it didnt crash. I'll check out the other options.

Todd

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: What XXX movie was it Todd?..  :popcrn: