News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Power window switches

Started by Dino, July 18, 2012, 03:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

The power window mod is not something I plan on doing anytime soon but since I would really like the original style of switches I thought I'd start the search now.  First stop was ebay, second was the floor when I saw how much they go for.  I don't think I want to spend several hundreds on switches here!

Does anyone know of switches from other mopars that are similar?  Likely I will buy the xv 4 window kit, or the kit xv put their markings on (who makes those anyway?), but I hope to find better switches than those GM types they come with.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

mauve66

when i put mine in i will be going with the crank window switchs so it doesn't look like power windows

http://www.autoloc.com/catalog/OEM-Window-Crank-Switches/OEM-Window-Crank-Switches
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Dino

Quote from: mauve66 on July 18, 2012, 07:39:31 PM
when i put mine in i will be going with the crank window switchs so it doesn't look like power windows

http://www.autoloc.com/catalog/OEM-Window-Crank-Switches/OEM-Window-Crank-Switches

I love those but how are you going to control all 4 windows?  I want to wire them like my daily so I can open all 4 with the keyfob as well.

mauve66

i wasn't going to do the backs, i want to................... but the way the 1st gen goes up and out it seems too complicated, maybe it would work with an aftermarket motor and mount, i just don't know

do all back windows that are quarters go up the funny way a 1st gen does??

i wasn't going to do the key fob thing, and if i felt confident about getting the rears to work properly i would still use these handles.  if i REALL wanted to lower all 4 windows going down the road i would wire up a switch inside the console for the rears so noone could see it, i don't really like those chrome switches most old cars come with

somewhere in my garage i do have a drivers master switch (4 buttons) that was NOS or extremely nice (been years since i saw it) but thats the only piece i have of a stock system
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Dino

Quote from: mauve66 on July 18, 2012, 07:51:55 PM
i wasn't going to do the backs, i want to................... but the way the 1st gen goes up and out it seems too complicated, maybe it would work with an aftermarket motor and mount, i just don't know

do all back windows that are quarters go up the funny way a 1st gen does??

i wasn't going to do the key fob thing, and if i felt confident about getting the rears to work properly i would still use these handles.  if i REALL wanted to lower all 4 windows going down the road i would wire up a switch inside the console for the rears so noone could see it, i don't really like those chrome switches most old cars come with

somewhere in my garage i do have a drivers master switch (4 buttons) that was NOS or extremely nice (been years since i saw it) but thats the only piece i have of a stock system

The back windows in the 2nd gen don't go up straight either.  I don't know if it's the same as a 1st gen but it kinda rolls up back to front. 

I like the idea of hidden switches, that's always an option but I'll probably stick with plain switches on each panel. 

If you find the switch I would like to take it, but if it's nos then it's way out of my price range!

These are the ones made by nu-relics and I'm pretty sure that's the kit XV sells.  They don't look all that bad actually...

Anyone have a pic of the original switches so we can compare?

Dino

Quote from: Homerr on July 19, 2012, 02:23:08 PM

Damn...those are really nice.  Didn't think the stock switches would be that nice.  Crap now I need to find a set.   :icon_smile_big:

Thanks Homerr.   :2thumbs:

mauve66

mine aren't like that, charger must of been different, i think mine is from a c body or something, i will try to look this weekend
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

ChargerST

The switch design changed in 1969 (like the ones homerr posted). 68 and earlier have switches that look more like the XV switches (but not similar).

mauve66

finally found my switch AND got on the right computer

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Dino

Quote from: mauve66 on August 06, 2012, 08:04:44 PM
finally found my switch AND got on the right computer

Those are pretty sweet as well.