News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Original discbrakes to conversion?

Started by Belgium R/T -68, February 06, 2008, 03:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

In my restorationproject I have come to the brakes. having front discbrakes i don't find a lot of spareparts as rotors, calipers etc. for my -68 R/T.
Would it be easier to buy a conversionkit and put the original stuff away? Would my brakebooster and mastercylinder fit with a conversion kit?  :scratchchin:
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Tilar

I don't exactly remember where I read it, but supposedly there are some mid 70's E body cars that will interchange with the second gen B body. When I get home tonight i'll try to hunt that down. I ran across it when I started thinking about the disk brakes for my 68.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

BrianShaughnessy

I was told that some company was going to be making the old original type rotors and selling them through year one.     I wasn't told nor did I ask what particular company but that was several months ago that I was told that.

You can always send the calipers out to get sleeved and rebuilt if that's your choice to stay original design or not.

I'm certain many people have converted to later single piston setups due to lack of rotors.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Belgium R/T -68

poppa

I think it's DuraBrake that's making  the rotors now.
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

Shakey

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on February 07, 2008, 03:32:07 PM
Quote from: terrible one on February 07, 2008, 11:18:05 AM
http://www.moparaction.com/Tech/archive/disc-main.html

That will help you a lot.

Very useful information, thanks.  :2thumbs:

That's what I used on my '69 disc brake car.  I stashed all the original pieces in the barn for safe keeping.

Belgium R/T -68

Bought a kit on ebay, should fit a car with powerbrakes.

Anders

Sorry, not trying to hijack your thread, but can you tell which brake calipers I have. I need a new brake hose, but don't know what I should be looking for ::)
68 Charger

Anders

So it's a slider..so they were originally avaible on A or B-body cars and which years? Just want to know when this setup was produced so I can order the right hose.
Hate to bug you with another question. I also need the brake line from junction block to this hose. Can I order original ´68 front lines. All the help is greatly appreciated :cheers:
68 Charger

8WHEELER

Looks like the same brakes that are on my 74 Dart Sport........

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Anders

Thanks, problem solved. 73-76 A-body hose was the right one.
68 Charger