News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PUI Seat Covers -- Rear Seat issues

Started by sanders7981, January 31, 2014, 10:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanders7981

I followed the installation instructions for PUIs rear seat back, but I am having trouble with getting the top of the seat to secure to the seat frame properly without coming up.  The is no listing wire to put hog rings through along the top to keep it down behind the seat.  They say to put the top in first, then secure the bottom with hog rings.  I also used the rear seat installation kit for legendary for the padding.  Maybe I have too much padding?  Thoughts?? :shruggy:

b5blue

I just watched a recover vid off Legendary Int. site. You should also.   :2thumbs:

sanders7981

Quote from: b5blue on February 01, 2014, 07:33:45 AM
I just watched a recover vid off Legendary Int. site. You should also.   :2thumbs:

I was using that video as referrence, but the two seat covers are not made the same.  Legendary has a listing wire around the back side of the top piece, PUI does not.  I took out some of the top padding, and it looks like it will be easier to secure now. However, it is not like they describe in the video PUI puts on their website.  I can probably hogring it and be ok, but I'd rather be sure first before I start jacking up my seat cover. 

b5blue

I see. That list wire looked critical to get an even pull.  :scratchchin:

sanders7981

There is a sewn, reinforced stitch, with the some kind of gray material that seems sturdy enough.  I think that may be ok to run the hog rings through.  This is my first time messing with seat covers, I am going to call PUI and ask a few questions before continuing.  Not bashing their product at all, it's looks great and came with the buttons separate in a bag if you didn't want to install them.  I heard about the stories of legendarys buttons popping off. 

Dino

Is the vinyl nice and warm?  It'll make stretching a lot easier.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

sanders7981

It's in my house, so room temp at best.  I think I found out the problem.  After doing more research in upholstery work...I was looking a little closer at the listing, gray area, and noticed it had been sewn as a pocket but the wire was not placed in it.  Since I don't want to wait until the end of the week to finish this, I went to lowes and bought some PVC coated clothes line to use.  It is of the same consistency as the plastic "wire" used and should be good to go when placed in the listing sheath to secure the top piece. 

So far, I am happy with the color consistency, and overall look of PUI seat covers.  I didn't have to worry about matching anything to the original colors since I was doing the whole interior.  Installation has been very straight forward and a breeze, minus the missing piece.  Which was probably a quality control issue.  I think I will still call them and let them know of the issue. 

Dino

Glad to hear it worked out.   :2thumbs:

A call would not be a bad idea no.

ps: pics welcome! 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

sanders7981

I'll post up some pics when done but they Probably won't be in the car.  I am still working on the front seats and need to lay down the carpet.