News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ccorrect ashtray for 1969 charger

Started by Ryan, February 05, 2008, 01:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan

Hi, I have noticed that there are two different ashtrays put on chargers and I was wondering how to tell wich one is correct. I have seen 68's and 69's with both the pull out ashtray that does not have a soft pad on it, and also the pull down tray with the pad on it.  Were the padded ones on se cars or somthing?

Thanks
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

Just 6T9 CHGR

IIRC the pulldown padded type was an early 68 thing that was later in the year changed over to the metal pull-out style going into the 69 model year...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on February 05, 2008, 08:45:29 AM
IIRC the pulldown padded type was an early 68 thing that was later in the year changed over to the metal pull-out style going into the 69 model year...

Yep  :iagree:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

JimShine

The '68 padded style is neat, but was a poor design. It doesn't pivot out. The door just slides down and exposes the ashtray inside. I bet many cigarettes fell out on the floor.

Ryan

69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

Ghoste

Weren't there a lot more guys bashing their knuckles on the ashtray of the non console four speed cars after they went to the fold out door though?