News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mallory Hyfire distributor

Started by whitehatspecial, February 10, 2008, 06:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitehatspecial

Will a Mallory Hyfire distributor work with an orange Mopar box and high-performance coil ?
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

firefighter3931

Quote from: whitehatspecial on February 10, 2008, 06:26:29 PM
Will a Mallory Hyfire distributor work with an orange Mopar box and high-performance coil ?

There's no reason why it shouldn't.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

whitehatspecial

Has anyone used this distributor and can offer an opinion of its performance?   :shruggy:
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

MSRacing89

Not sure about Hyfire?? I believe Hyfire is the name they use for there boxes.   I run a the Mallory 4757801 unilite distr. and it has works great for me.  I just re-curved it the other day, very easy to work with if you have the adjusting kit.  I do not, however, run the orange box, it is hooked to an MSD box.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.