News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bird at Russo-Steele

Started by rnjump, January 27, 2008, 09:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rnjump

I browsed through the cars at russo-steele and happened to see this lo-mile yellow superbird and did not give it much thought til a friend called me and told me he saw the auction replayed on espn. I checked the auction results and he was right, the car only brought 85k. Anybody know this car? Why so cheap when the other wing cars did well. Did I miss something?

pettybird

nh_mopar_fan

I saw that auction. That car was clean. The hosts were just speechless that the car went that cheap. They had it estimated at 120-125K.

BigBlockSam

thats more money then i got  :brickwall:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 28, 2008, 10:59:57 PM
thats more money then i got :brickwall:

Rene...people say that money can't buy happiness. I guess they just don't shop where we do.  :icon_smile_big:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Aero426

Quote from: rnjump on January 27, 2008, 09:56:37 PM
I browsed through the cars at russo-steele and happened to see this lo-mile yellow superbird and did not give it much thought til a friend called me and told me he saw the auction replayed on espn. I checked the auction results and he was right, the car only brought 85k. Anybody know this car? Why so cheap when the other wing cars did well. Did I miss something?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think this was the auction from last week.     I asked about this one to someone who has bought and sold at Russo & Steele.   His comment was more of a laugh about R-S offering (very) consignor friendly buy backs in the past and not to read too much into the low bid.   Just to be clear, I am not saying this happened, but at 85k it's possible it did not find a new home.     

69_500

I know of a few cars that went accross the block at Russo-Steele over the past few years that went home in the same trailers that they went to the auction in. Even though a couple of them were bid up to what I would figure was a really good $$$$ amount.
Wouldn't suprise me if a clean Superbird that wasn't bid up to a reasonable amount went home with the seller.

side note,

Thats the first time that I've seen Doug say that no one likes the Superbirds. I thought I was the only one who walked past them.  :nana:

rnjump

Doug, I would say you are right about the buy back. But this was the auction from last week, it is on the website result from the recent auction. I can't understand why other bidders didn't bring the amount up to a higher level.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

bzabodyn

I saw that the other morning on ESPN also after a friend sent me a text that he saw a charger up for sale (it was like a "mopar-only" special) - basically every car that came across the block was a surprise and many (including the bird) didn't meet the reserve...

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

BigBlockSam

QuoteRene...people say that money can't buy happiness. I guess they just don't shop where we do.   

:smilielol:    it would put a smile on my face . :laugh:

pettybird

Quote from: 69_500 on January 29, 2008, 04:47:33 PM
side note,

Thats the first time that I've seen Doug say that no one likes the Superbirds. I thought I was the only one who walked past them.  :nana:

I was hacked!!!  I swear!!!    :o :o :o

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on January 30, 2008, 12:51:49 AM
Quote from: 69_500 on January 29, 2008, 04:47:33 PM
side note,

I was hacked!!!  I swear!!!    :o :o :o
i'm with ya there doug
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE