News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rearend help how to tell witch axle goes on what side

Started by 73chargers4404, January 26, 2008, 12:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chargers4404

rearend help does anyone know how to tell witch axle goes on what side? it looks like one is longer.

firefighter3931

What rear end do you have ?  :shruggy:

Dana 60 or 8 3/4 or 9 1/4 or 8 1/4 ?  :scope:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

firefighter3931

All 8 3/4 axles are symmetrical when removed from the housing they came out of.  :yesnod:

Did you disassemble this rear end ?

The different year 83/4 housings varied in width so if you bought this stuff in parts it's possible that there is a mismatched axle came from a different year or body style housing.

The 71-74 B-body housings are wider than the earlier 68-70 units. The 71-73 station wagon B-body housings are wider than the car units. The C-Body Housings are identical to the B-Body station wagon units.

Lots of possibilities....especially if this housing was bought in pieces.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

73chargers4404

yes,im am the one that took it apart , so its not mismatched and it came out of a 73 charger? thanks

John_Kunkel

The axle with the adjustable bearing retainer goes on the right (passenger) side.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.