News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Questions about reproduction bumpers and Layson's bumper bolts

Started by bull, January 26, 2008, 08:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

The painter has installed my bumpers and I have a couple of questions about that whole experience. First off, I bought a set of bumper bolts from Layson's and they wouldn't work, too big. We thought maybe the reproduction bumpers had smaller holes but when I tried the bolts in my rusty original bumpers they were still too big. Has anyone run across this problem with Layson's bumper bolts or is mine a unique problem? Are there other '60s-'70s Mopar models that use larger bolts?

Also, regarding the repro bumpers I got, I think they look like crap. I don't know where they came from (the original body shop guy ordered them on my behalf) but the metal is very wavy, or maybe it's the chrome. Is it pretty common for reproduction bumpers to look like crap? I remember seeing some like this at car shows and wasn't very impressed, now I own them. :rotz: It's probably too late to return them because I bought them over two years ago so the body guy could use them for fitting the valance and fenders, he then wrapped them back up and there they sat until a week or so ago.

Charger-Bodie

bull, the repop bumpers are not very nice anymore. I think the tooling must have gotten worn causeing the qulity to dive.

I had a set on my gold Charger when they first came out and they were NICE , but last winter we got a rear for a 70 and it sucked. :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bull

Bummer. Well, maybe I'll get my original bumpers redone someday. Until then I guess I'll have wavy bumpers like everyone else. :shruggy: