News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1st Gen tire size

Started by SgtSearcy, January 28, 2009, 05:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SgtSearcy

I already did a search on this and my findings were scanty at best(as is most everything for the first gen).

I'm trying to find out the what the widest tire I can get into the rear wheel wells on a 66 charger is. The guys at the local tire shop(like a good 'ole boy place, not another darn NTB or Firestone) said I can't get anything wider than about 8.5" in the back. Anybody here know differently?

Ghoste

My rims are that wide in the back, the tires are a little more than that.  I'll have to check the exact size though.

SgtSearcy

yeah I have heard of guys going as large as the 295/50/15 on back with no suspension changes. That would be primo!

Ghoste

I think I have 275 on the back but I have to dig the garage out again, we got hit with more snow today, sorry.

Big Sugar

Quote from: SgtSearcy on January 28, 2009, 06:33:37 AM
yeah I have heard of guys going as large as the 295/50/15 on back with no suspension changes. That would be primo!

That's about it for rear tire width, I'm running 275/60/15 out back, 28" tall, I could possibly fit a 29"tall tire but thats it without moving the rear end back a little .
Jumping to a more modern 17/18" rim may give you a bit more width if you get a little custom with the rim offset.
I'm running a 245/60/15 up front, no clearance issues

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

SgtSearcy

awesome, that is great news! Now I can order my tires!