News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A Tornado in Janurary?!

Started by TruckDriver, January 07, 2008, 05:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

As I type this, they are in Tornado mode on the tv :o  We had some weird wheather the last few days here in southern Wisconsin with a LOT of fog. There even was a 100 car/truck pile up near Madison yesterday in the fog. We have a warm front stalled across the south eastern part of the state today. Where I live in the south central part, it has been in the upper 30s all day with thunderstorms (power even went out for a bit here). But like 40 miles south, it has been in the upper 50s all day. Now there was a confirmed tornado on the ground by Lake Geneva, Wi., that they're tracking towards Racine & Kenosha. Unbelieveable.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

694spdRT

It has been real strange lately. That 100 car pile up was something.

Apparently 24" of melting snow, rain, thunderstorms, and above freezing temps = a whole lotta FOG. 
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

TruckDriver

They say now it looks like it was 5 tornados all together. The earliest ever in the state. Lot of damage. But no one got hurt I guess.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

69bronzeT5

Be safe Pete and good luck to you and your family :2thumbs:

If I was watching TV and a tornado warning came up in my area...I'd be
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

derailed

strange weather indeed, suppose to be in the mid 60s today here in upstate NY. Let it stall here for about 3 more months  :icon_smile_big:

dukeboy_318

yep same storm produced a couple funnel clouds in northern IN according to the local news :shruggy:
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

Brock Samson

i'm sure that was the huge storm we endured last Fri.. 100 + MPH winds,.. 300,000 without power, (mine was off for only 9 hours) that was the second of the last four, we got another one commin thru as i type this... 'n it looks like were all gonna get hammered again..
:-\ 
http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Java.aspx?location=USNV0076

Bandit72

there is one confirmed dead in missouri from the same storm system...we got hail and high winds at about midnight last night, but that was it.
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

TruckDriver

Saw at least 2 classic cars got destroyed. A '70s MG Midget convertable, and a red '63/'64 Corvette. :P
PETE

dukeboy_318

whelp pete, looks like we're getting hit full force today by that cell, 2.5 inches so far in just 3 hrs, rivers are already at flood stage, its also preventing me from shipping the big parts like i wanted to, cant get the box wet :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: that and im lucky im off work otherwise id be driving through the water covered roads to get to work :rotz:

74-StreetMachine

I live in Racine and we didn't get anything. Some occasional heavy down pours and a little lightning. When the sirens went off  I grabbed my video camera and headed outside. ( along with all my neighbors )  It was calm, no wind, overcast, a few dark clouds in the distance and the warning sirens. Very eerie.

The tornado/tornadoes missed us to the south by about 5 miles. It was classified as a F1 tornado. Go to YouTube and type in Kenosha Tornado. Lots of videos.

Randy
Watch me turn beer into pee for $5.

TruckDriver

They said that the tornado that hit Wheatland was a F3 close to a F4 because of how it picked up the houses.

Here are the links for the tornado damage and stuff. Lot of it looks to have been filmed minutes after it hit.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kenosha+tornado&search=Search
PETE

The70RT

Pretty crazy for this time of year but it was 60 here in kansas a couple days ago. I guess you guys are in the upper part of tornado alley. A friend of mine lives near Springfield MO. and they had lots of tornados down there too.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dukeboy_318

indiana got a couple, we got mostly rain, like 3 inches or more of it, everything is flooded, rivers at 14.8 feet, flood stage is just 9.3 feet

moparstuart

on the radio today it said cleveland was hit by an earth quake today  ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

derailed

472 R/T SE

And here I thought I left tornados' when I moved out of western Kansas.  For the second time since I've lived up here, we've had a tornado warning, this time one supposedly touched down about 10 miles from here (Hazel Dell, Wa.).  Power lines, trees & billboards are the only casualty so far.  Just seen a tractor trailer on it's side.  No one can confirm it for sure was a tornado or 70-80 mph winds.

The first time I actually seen the wall cloud as a buddy and I were crossing the Columbia River and mentioned to him that I thought it looked like little tails coming out of the cloud.  We found out later that it was just that.  :o

The occasional little earthquake and buckets of rain is the norm so this is way out of the norm.  I have a feeling the country is in for it's fair share of bad weather this year.

bull

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 10, 2008, 04:26:48 PM
And here I thought I left tornados' when I moved out of western Kansas.  For the second time since I've lived up here, we've had a tornado warning, this time one supposedly touched down about 10 miles from here (Hazel Dell, Wa.).  Power lines, trees & billboards are the only casualty so far.  Just seen a tractor trailer on it's side.  No one can confirm it for sure was a tornado or 70-80 mph winds.

The first time I actually seen the wall cloud as a buddy and I were crossing the Columbia River and mentioned to him that I thought it looked like little tails coming out of the cloud.  We found out later that it was just that.  :o

The occasional little earthquake and buckets of rain is the norm so this is way out of the norm.  I have a feeling the country is in for it's fair share of bad weather this year.

I was at an OSU football game with a buddy of mine a few years ago and saw what looked to me like a funnel cloud just south of the stadium. I just wrote it off as being just an oddly-shaped rain cloud until I got home and saw on the news that really was a funnel. :o I'm pretty sure I witnessed a tornado in Eastern Oregon when I was a kid but having never seen one before I wasn't sure what I was seeing. It was a really big dust devil at least.

Mike, late last month when it snowed real hard for about 15 minutes did you hear thunder and see lightning? That's the only time I recall ever seeing that in December. First it was raining hard, then the thunder and lightning, then hail and then hard snowfall for 15 mintes before it went back to rain.

472 R/T SE

From my time in Kansas when there was thunder during a snowstorm there was usually a blizzard to follow.  Several years ago the ex and I were in a Denver hotel after a week at Breckenridge and had one of those storms.  We were stuck there for a couple days waiting for the airport to open.  The snow was as high as the patio door.  Of all places, Denver, and the city was shut down.

A little off topic but that's me...but no I don't remember that.  Just the snow.  We've been lucky this year by avoiding ice storms. 
My daughter is scared to death of tornados after watching National Geographic Channel with me and the school was locked down this afternoon so I imagine she was freaking out.  Monday the school was also locked down after the cops were after a car prowler nearby who was seen with a gun.

They're now saying after surveying damage that the tornados may have been an F1 versus F0.  Vancouver Lake Crew buildings are destroyed. 

69bronzeT5

I was just watching Peachtree TV (TBS before) and A TORNADO WARNING FOR GA came on

A383Wing

Tornado touchdown in southern Washington today.....

Bryan 

69bronzeT5

Quote from: A383Wing on January 10, 2008, 09:08:01 PM
Tornado touchdown in southern Washington today.....

Bryan 

ok, thats geting too close to me :o

bull

Another entry in the weird weather file: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22608593/

When snow falls in Baghdad ...
Well it did! Iraqi capital wakes up to first snowfall in memory

The70RT

I seen on ther news a tornado in Missisippi dropped a school bus in a gymnasium.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us