News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bendix Brake Booster Rebuild??

Started by pete, January 08, 2008, 09:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pete

Anyone had their Bendix booster rebuilt and actually happy with it??  Looking for a source.  Thanks!

Chatt69chgr

I havn't used mine yet but I assume it was rebuilt correctly.  It was rebuilt by Prior Brake in Texas.  They and Cardone are the two big brake component rebuilding companies in the US.  Napa has used Prior in the past.  May now for all I know.  You have to figure that folks like this have to know what they are doing.

Shakey

I sent mine to a place here in ON called:

http://www.johnstuartpowerbrake.com/johnstuart/

They also did the master cylinder for me.

Turned out great, I hope it works when I get this car on the road - one of these days!   ::)

Winged 1

;)
I ended up taking mine to NAPA and they sent it out. Came back looking good and is installed just waiting for the motor to get done. Should work. Was only gone for a couple of weeks.
Best of luck.
Eric

histoy

You can also check with Booster Dewey in Portland, Oregon.  (503) 238-8882 or go to his website   boosterdeweyexchange.com     He shows $130 for the rebuild of a Chrysler Bendix booster.     I've had 2 boosters rebuilt by him.   One was for our '68 Charger and the other was for a '64 Corvette.

astat1

I second Booster Dewey. This is all this guy does. In my book thats a great start. I believe turnaround was less than 2 wks,  but you should call to confirm, I don't think he does email.

pete