News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Charger info wanted!

Started by Pistolpete, January 05, 2008, 03:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pistolpete

Hey Guys,

Couple of things:

1) Where can I find production numbers for 1968 chargers? Is there a 68 Charger registry? I'm looking specifically for 68, 4 spd, AC big block cars (383)
2) I hear there is a company out there that will recreate your fender tag? is this true and does anyone know how to get a hold of them?

Thanks in advance for your help!
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

Ghoste

Not being a smartass, but it's been covered quite a bit here, the "Search" button should turn up several threads.

Pistolpete

I've checked via the "search" and found VERY low production numbers for 383 4 spd chargers but cant seem to find any numbers that break it down further to differentiate between AC and non AC cars?

Is there not a 68 Charger registry?

Can anyone tell what I just bought - LOL !!!
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

Chad L. Magee

I wish I had a fast answer for you, but I only know the engine/transmission combo production.  Mine did not come with air conditioning and I have yet to hear of a 68 383-2bbl., 4-speed that did.  Your best bet would be to contact the TDC in care of Wayne Wooten to see if he might have an idea.  Alot of the options are only known in general numbers (base, RT) and are not broken down to engine/transmission combos.  If you do have a factory fender tag that calls for that setup, I bet Wayne would like to have a rubbing of it for the registry........
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Pistolpete on January 05, 2008, 04:57:06 PM
I've checked via the "search" and found VERY low production numbers for 383 4 spd chargers but cant seem to find any numbers that break it down further to differentiate between AC and non AC cars?

You can't cross reference two options and come up with a new number. The breakouts just don't work like that. You can determine how many came with four speeds or how many came with A/C but you can't determine how many four speeds came with A/C.

However, four speed A/C cars are certainly not common.

Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

bull

1968 383 4bbl 4speeds -- 259
1968 383 2bbl 4speeds -- 74

If there were any of these built with AC it would be very difficult to figure out how many I would think. It gets a little rediculous after a while when people try breaking them down by color and options. I could have a 1 of 1 if I went through all that BS but it really doesn't matter IMO.

BB1

Here we go;

There where 19.013 - 1968 383 4BBL Dodge Chargers 2 door sports Hdtp's built
to spec's for U.S.A. 259 4- Spds and 18,754 Autos.

Mine is a 383 Auto 4BB A/C car.

It is #17 of 156 vin sequence of all 1968 383-4BB accounted for at the Hamtramck, MI Plant.

Chargers where also built at St. Louis, MO plant.

If there was a 68 Charger registry I'd be in it, but sadly we are leaderless.
Delete my profile