News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NJ Lien Question-Updated ITS GONE

Started by bordin34, December 22, 2007, 07:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bordin34

Is there a way to put a lien on a car that I sold about a month ago on ebay.
Heres the story
-So I put my 1974 Charger SE on ebay because I bought another charger. The winner of the auction is from Croatia and his shipper was supposed to pick it up a week from the end of the auction. He said he would be here bright and early on saturday morning, a week after the auction, he shows up at about 7pm on saturday night. So he pays me the money and I give him the title and a bill of sale. While trying to load the car on the trailer, we find out the trailer is not wide enough. So he leaves and says he will come back with a different trailer a week from that date. I get no phone call from the guy until yesterday, about a month after the end of the auction. He says he will be here before 5pm on today. 5pm comes and goes, he hasn't showed up and hasn't called. I am getting tired of this car taking up my garage space while I don't even own it. I wont put the car outside because I don't want it to rust. Is the a way that a normal person like me can put a lien on the car so that I can either get the car back, or make him pay for storage fees?

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

RECHRGD

Well, you've got both the money and the car, so there's nothing to lien.  It sounds like the buyer has just hired a flake of a shipping company.  Inform the buyer of the problem and quote him a per day charge for storage since this is keeping you from storing your new car.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

bordin34

The shipper does this for a living he picks up cars and ships them overseas.
I have a two car garage so my new car is inside also.

Mahwah,NJ

RECHRGD

Quote from: bordin34 on December 22, 2007, 07:56:04 PM
The shipper does this for a living he picks up cars and ships them overseas.
I have a two car garage so my new car is inside also.

Regardless, the shipper is not performing and you have other plans for the space!  Storage fees are in order if the car has not been picked up in a reasonable amount of time.  The buyer needs to know that added costs are involved due to lack of performance from his shipper of choice.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

bordin34

I forgot that the blue one was making my dad's 97 mustang which has never seen snow before sit outside and go through 2 storms.

Mahwah,NJ

89MOPAR

I had a shipper Not Even Show Up to pick up the car from the seller.  A couple of days after the car was supposed to be delivered to me I called the seller, and he said the transport company had not even showed up. I called the transport co, which said someone there told him it wasn't ready yet. Called the seller who said " I never told them anything like that, I need the space".  Basically the transport company probably overbooked and blew it off.
   Then the transport co - who did not even bother to call me to say they had Not picked it up in the first place, had the temerity to ask if i wanted to re-schedule.
  I told them to Drop dead, and hired another company.

Tell the buyer you are putting his car out in the street, and he will have to battle the rust.  Your dad's car shouldn't have to sit outside [ assuming its his house ]
  You are putting it in the street with the keys in it.  Since it is an as is sale, and he has the title, it's his responsibility.
  It's up to him to convince the transport to get it.  Your contract , as you say, stipulated the car had to be picked up one week after you got paid.
And what kind of idiot transport company shows up with a trailer that is too small for a charger ?
  Yes, they are large but, shoot, its not an Imperail, or a dually long bed truck.
Jeez, did they show up with a snowmobile/ jet ski trailer ??

Now, for the guy in Croatia- that really sucks.  What can he do, he's stuck with what the company represents.  I can't believe the yokel who runs the transport company does this for a living.

P.S. - is this car in bare metal ?    Why are you worried about rust  ?    Do you think the shipper is going to keep it indoors and dry, while he waits to get it put into a shipping container, or on a boat ?    haha, never gonna happen.
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

HITMAN 149

hey bord!!!
i applaud your integrity.... and the fact that your trying till the verrrrry end to take care of your (former) charger!!! but i agree with 89mopar... done deal... NOT YOUR problem!!!!
theree is no way your dad's car... (even though it's a mustang!!! :P) shuold have to stay out in the weather...while some nooooodnick shipping guy gets his shit straight!!!! i understand it's not the poor bastard in craotia's fault.... but it''s HIS resposibility to handle the shipping details!!!! YEA... put it in the street w/ the keys in it.... i'll be buy later on tonight when it's nice n dark to pick her up!!!!! i'm not tooo far away in jersey!!!! hehehehehe :coolgleamA:
also were there any prior storage fee's agreed upon or stipulated?!?!? get in touch with him & tell him if it's not taken care of in another couple days.... your gonna start charging him to keep it on your property!!!!!!! then we can split it!!! hahahahaha
good luck w/ the new charger also!!!!!!!! :2thumbs:
keep us posted!!!!
oh yea as for the lein thing..... i doubt it ... cause as already mentioned .... YOU were paid for the car...if he still owed you money on the car.. then possibly...but i'm sure w/ alot of hastle!!!! as uasual w/ anything in jersey!!! LOL
later........
:popcrn:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

bordin34

My parents said I couldn't threaten to put storage fees on it or threaten to put it in the street because the guy in Croatia has no control over the shipper. I wouldn't put storage fees on it but I would have liked to be able to say I would so he could pick it up sooner. If the car wasn't so undesirable I would think he just wanted the title for a re-body, but hey its a 74 318 charger. It's pouring out right now and the mustang is getting wet while the charger with holes in the roof stays nice and dry. I don't want to do anything to the car that could hurt it because the shipper sucks. This is what he wrote on the 10th
"we will either send a tow truck this week to pick up the car or we are thinking to make some modifications to this trailer, will take about 2 days, by friday definetly we will pick up the car either way, im sorry for the delay, Thanks for your understanding, Gary "
BTW if you ship a car do not use
Gary Vasilic
Inter Cargo Express
862-684-2121
intercargoexpress@gmail.com
If he doesn't pick it up in a week I am going to have my cousin who is a cop run the VIN and see if anything happened.

Mahwah,NJ

bordin34

Here is a picture of where the mustang used to be. Blue now takes that spot and black takes blue's old spot.

Mahwah,NJ

HITMAN 149

i wouldn't say you would 'threaten" the guy... (that's such an ugly & unlawfull word!! LOL!!!)to put storage fee's but... if it's agreed upon at this point... since it's taking him soooo long to get the car off your property!?!?!?  but why should your fathers car suffer.. in his own house?!?!?!?  you don't have to leave it in the street... like abandon it down the block for someone to steal!!! hahaha but why can't you just leave it in the driveway out of the way?!?!? i understand your trying to be a stand up guy!!! but i where does it end?!?!?!?
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

bordin34

Blue was in the driveway before I put it on ebay. I don't want to put it back in the driveway because there are pine trees and the needles fall on it.

Mahwah,NJ

Chris G.

Quote from: bordin34 on December 23, 2007, 06:13:39 PM
It's pouring out right now and the mustang is getting wet

That poor 1997 Mustang. I hope it will survive out there in the elements. Lord knows they will be worth 3x what they are now in about 100 years. If you need, I will pull my car out and you can bring it here to keep dry. Just give me the word.  :2thumbs:

But seriously, stop dealing with the shipper. Contact the buyer and say to him: "Get a new shipper, or get charged for storage". It's as simple as that. Why are you wasting your time with the middle man? Go to the person that bought the car.  :Twocents:

ps- Since when did the kids in the house decide what stays in the garage? If I was running that house, your Charger would be outside, while my "mid-life" Mustang sat in the garage.  :P

HITMAN 149

YOUR TOOOOO NICE!!!! drag it back in the driveway...leave the tarp on it... AND WHAT DO YOU CARE ABOUT THE PINE NEEDLES!?!?!? it's not your car anymore!!! you got your $$$$$$$$$$
:yesnod:  :slap:
actually as much as i'm razzzzin ya... there should be more nice stand-up guys like you in the world!!!  :cheers:
BUT...then your cop cousin and me would prob be out of a job!!!!!!! LOL where does he work?!?!?
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

bordin34

My dad wants to keep the Chargers garaged because he doesn't want them to rust. My neighbors have an empty 2 car detached garage that they offered me to use, but now they are having construction done and they have stuff in their garage. That mustang was his mid-life crisis he bought it new and almost never drives it. The car has less than 36,000 miles on it and has probable only seen above 2,500rpm 5 times. The kids cars take up half the room there is for cars. Not even the brand new Jeep gets a garage space, only the old dodges.

Mahwah,NJ

bordin34

My cousin works in Westwood,NJ. It was fun pulling the charger up the driveway when he didn't show up. It was a sheet of ice and it took 5 tries with me gunning it and fish tailing. The mustang has a $20 ebay car cover on it.

Mahwah,NJ

HITMAN 149

cool good for him!! tell him i said be safe!!!!  :cheers:
ummmm not to sound toooo sarcastic (who me?!?!?!  ::)) LOL but rust doesn't just happen leaving a car out in the rain overnight!?!?!?!?
welll fishtailing is 1/2 the fun of owning a car!!!! LOL
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

bordin34

But then water would seep in a sit in the floor pans for months until, if it ever does, reach Croatia, and the parts inside it would get wet.
Now I wanna know what a 400 will do in the snow. The good part about the rain is that the salt all washed away and black is running good so it's first cruise ever in NJ could be this week.

Mahwah,NJ

HITMAN 149

it's not gonna rust away to nothing in that time frame!!!!!!!!! but hey it's gig!!!
a 400 prob wont do much other than sit there and spin and dig it's tires deeper into the snow!!! LOL
hahahaha.... now a 400 with 4 wheel drive & 33" BFG's!!! hehehehehe
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

BlueSS454

Well, here is what you might be able to do.  Since you are the last one to hold the title, go to the DMV and file for a duplicate title, then you'll have another one and the other guy will be SOL because you have the title in your possesion.  I'd wait for a week or 2 afterwards, then resell the car.
Tom Rightler

bordin34

He picked up the charger yesterday. He called at 12:30 and was here by 1:00. You can see just how rust-free the 74 was in these pictures.

Mahwah,NJ

HITMAN 149

welll now that that's all taken care of..... time to move on w/ the NEW charger!!!!!!
gooooood luck!!!! & happy new year!!!!!!!
:2thumbs:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Hemidog

remta1

so thats why it took him so long .. he had to find a tow vehicle the same colour as the charger  :smilielol: :smilielol:

bordin34

The worst part about it leaving was the way he tied the car down. It had air shock almost all the way pumped up the the rear. He put the tie-die into the frame-rail and compressed the shocks a good 3-4". I told the guy that the rail would tear but he said that he does this all the time. He's not gonna be happy when he gets home.

Mahwah,NJ