News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dash part-dont know where it goes

Started by lasvegas69charg, March 19, 2012, 09:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasvegas69charg

Can someone please tell me where these 2 brackets go in the dash.  I took them out a few months ago and I think I had a few too many beers at the time when I took them out...

69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

A383Wing

those are not really brackets..they are attached under the dash on the frame and all they do is hold the flashers for turn signals & 4 ways

Bryan

lasvegas69charg

69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

Ghoste

But it does show the importance of taking photos and notes and bagging parts with a cataloging system of some kind when you take these cars apart.

Not nagging because I do the same thing all the time too.

gtx6970

Look on the backside of the metal dash frame.
Just on each side of the area where the column goes down thru there are 2 oval holes. On the backside of each of the 2 clips there is a tab, this tab slides into the ovel holes to retain the flashers.

lasvegas69charg

Thank you for the pic. Ghoste you are so correct when it comes to taking pics and documenting.  This is my first restoration and I have learned a lot. It just seems so easy when you are taking things apart that you would remember how it goes back but that's not the case. Pics pics and more pics.

Ghoste

Like I said, I'm guilty too and I'm sure most of us are.  Whats worse is that the company I work for, half of their business is a world class restoration shop- mainly pre war classic stuff so all big big dollar- and that is how they do it and I see it in action every day.  But I will go out to my own garage and take something apart and think "oh I'll remember how this one thing goes together".  And then I have to struggle.  :lol: