News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cracks in floor

Started by dpm68, April 24, 2008, 09:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpm68

Hi, I have a 68 R/T and I have noticed a few funny cracks along the floorpan - mostly near the rear seat area and rear foot pans. This car was drag raced for most of its life and I am wondering if these fractures are a direct result of this. That said, can I just weld em up and go with it or should I be worried about a twisted body? Thanks everyone.

Brock Samson

Blown70

It may have twisted over time, fatigue,  I would consider have it checked and if you plan to drive a lot sub-frame connectors unless you want to keep it absolutely stock.

Tom

moparstuart

Quote from: Blown70 on April 24, 2008, 10:28:25 AM
It may have twisted over time, fatigue,  I would consider have it checked and if you plan to drive a lot sub-frame connectors unless you want to keep it absolutely stock.

Tom
mopar has a sub-frame connector kit that bolts in , wont ruin the stock thing cause it easily unbolts

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Blown70

Quote from: moparstuart on April 24, 2008, 10:32:42 AM
Quote from: Blown70 on April 24, 2008, 10:28:25 AM

Tom
mopar has a sub-frame connector kit that bolts in , wont ruin the stock thing cause it easily unbolts

true, I forgot about those.

dpm68

pics on the way - maybe later this afternoon.