News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

F.A.S.T

Started by Grip64, August 08, 2008, 01:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grip64

Hi,  Looking for some cam selection advice  :shruggy:

Building a 500in stroker to run with factory HP manifolds, Would like to know if any of you Guy's have built anything along these lines ???

Car will be used for street/strip.

All reply's most welcome.

BLAM

I would call Dwayne Porter in South Burlington VT.  He has been part of the build up of a few F.A.S.T.  motors.  There is more to it than just cam for a good F.A.S.T. class car and Dwayne can help. (802) 951-1955.

Andy
RLTW - "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell

Rolling_Thunder

Agreed - Dwayne is a great guy ! 
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

firefighter3931

Another vote for Porter Racing Heads.  :2thumbs:

Dwayne has specced out most of the really fast F.A.S.T. builds for the guys that run that class. The record holding wedge (A12 Roadrunner) is running a custom PRH cam and the headwork was done by Dwayne as well.  :cheers:

Ron

Ps. Here's a little eye candy  :drool5: Two Black roadrunners getting it on at the final of the Martin race this year. The Hemi Runner just nosed out the Wedge....awesome race ! The A12 car is owned by board member Ed Cook who's user name is XXHemi

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Mefirst

Those FAST cars are incredible... :2thumbs: I like them more than Stock/Super Stock cars... Sadly over here in Europe we don't have a race class like that, then again I don't think that many over here would have the money needed to build a car like a FAST car, the interest I think is allot more into the Stock/Super Stock cars as well....

/Tom

Grip64

Many thanks for your reply's Guy's... i will give Dwayne a call  :2thumbs:

firefighter3931

You can't go wrong with Dwayne.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

XXHEMI

Grip64

Dwayne has been doing the heads on both mine and my sons A12 cars for the past few years and most of the other F.A.S.T wedges. Mike Bonsanti from HP Motors in NJ(973-267-4364) has handled the rest of the package, Both of them are great guys!

My A12 car has gone a best of 11.13@124 in 94 degree heat (Shooting for a 10.99 in the fall) and my son car has gone 11.58@125 with a stick shift.

It is really a great class and a lot of fun. The cars in the class run from 10.59 to the mid 14's so there is a match race for all levels and skills. Check out these sites for more info. We need more cars out there!
Ed

fastraces.org
supercarraces.com

Ghoste

One thing that surprises me in those pics, is that you can race with the Road Runner wheel discs on the front.  For some reason I guess I thought they were more of an appearance thing designed only for slow speed and hanging out.

hpmike

Quote from: XXHEMI on August 14, 2008, 07:30:55 AM
Grip64

Dwayne has been doing the heads on both mine and my sons A12 cars for the past few years and most of the other F.A.S.T wedges. Mike Bonsanti from HP Motors in NJ(973-267-4364) has handled the rest of the package, Both of them are great guys!

My A12 car has gone a best of 11.13@124 in 94 degree heat (Shooting for a 10.99 in the fall) and my son car has gone 11.58@125 with a stick shift.

It is really a great class and a lot of fun. The cars in the class run from 10.59 to the mid 14's so there is a match race for all levels and skills. Check out these sites for more info. We need more cars out there!
Ed

fastraces.org
supercarraces.com

Ed:

Thank you for acknowledging all of the hard work that I have put into (and continue to put into) the project.   :icon_smile_blackeye:

MB

firefighter3931

Hp Mike, nice work on those FAST cars....they look and run fantastic.  :2thumbs:

You've got the building and tuning end of it covered very well !  :bow:  :cheers:

Ron