News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone running a Demon 625cfm???

Started by 68green, November 20, 2007, 11:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68green

I have a stock 318 in my 68 Charger. I was going to put a Edelbrock Performer manifold and an Edelbrock carb. What I gather around here is, Edelbrock carbs are trash? Is anyone running one of those Road Demon BG carbs??? :scratchchin:

Charger-Bodie

actually for you're application a eddy would probably be a nice carb. the big hungry gines dont like them as well ,but a 318 will love it Id go avs thunder series on that guy :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

kamkuda

I agree, Edlebrock carbs are not junk.  I have used them with decent results.  I would say that a Holley would be the carb for a performance engine.
The Eddy would be a good carb for your application.

supserdave

Stay away from the demon stuff. I've messed with 3 of 'em. One works great (race demon), the other two are pretty well junk(road and a speed demon). An eddy would be good, or a lot of guys brag up the the demon sizzler rebuilt thermoquads.

Ghoste

Edelbrocks don't offer the tuneability of the Holley style but for a plug and play type of carb they are great.  If you are running a stock 318 an Eddy will be a excellent choice.

68green

O.K. so an Eddy will do the trick, but what about cfm's?? :scratchchin: The only thing above stock the car sports now is some headers. The carb will be on the Performer manifold. :popcrn:

firefighter3931

On a stock 318 the 600 cfm eddy carb is fine.  :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Rolling_Thunder

:RantExplode:  SCREW DEMON CARBS    :RantExplode:

I have yet to dick with one that has functioned correctly...   

go with a 600 Eddy   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Ghoste

The one thing you will want to be sure and check if you go with the Eddy is that it's running rich enough.  My understanding is that a lot of them are calibrated lean and when you combine that with headers, you could find it too lean.  But check it because my understanding is just hearsay and it could be completely wrong.

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: Ghoste on December 01, 2007, 10:49:34 PM
The one thing you will want to be sure and check if you go with the Eddy is that it's running rich enough.  My understanding is that a lot of them are calibrated lean and when you combine that with headers, you could find it too lean.  But check it because my understanding is just hearsay and it could be completely wrong.

this is somewhat true - Edelbrock adjusts certain carbs for "economy" which is usually way lean for a performance build while others are adjusted for "Performance" out of the box   :2thumbs:

Ghoste

You don't happen to know which model numbers come rich and which come lean do you?

Rolling_Thunder

i believe all the electronic choke models are economy out of the box

68green

Alright so a 600 cfm Edelbrock Thunderer AVS manual choke is the way to go. Does Edelbrock make the bracket for the kick down and throttle cable? :popcrn:

71ChallengeHer

I'm using a factory dual plane intake with my Eddy 600 CFM carb. I had an electric choke put on mine last year. I like it. As far as the kick down linkage. I had to have someone fabricate mine. Since the dual plane intake sits higher.

Ghoste

Edelbrock does make a Chrysler throttle and transmission adaptor.  Edelbrock part number 1481.  I used a carb spacer on mine so I didn't run into the same problem that Jackie did.

kamkuda

Here is the bracket and kick down.  I used the high rise bracket from Magnumhp  http://www.magnumhp.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=61_63&products_id=231

Chryco Psycho

I too would stay away from the Demons
the Eddys is OK but doesn`t offer much tunability
Holley or Proform would be my choice