News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Repro Vin Tags ?

Started by 65post, December 08, 2007, 03:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

65post

I know this is a Mopar site but I have a problem.Well its more my customer that has the problem.We just finished a body off restoration on his 71 GMC pick up.Now we are ready to put the Vin plate back on.The problem is he lost it ( He was keeping it in a SAFE place for when it was all done ) This truck still has the #s on the frame and he still has the registration papers in his name for it but no tag.Is their anyway to get an original factory looking tag repopped for this type of vehicle? URGENT anyone??
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

69bronzeT5

Try the DMV, thats all I can suggest :Twocents:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69_500

I don't think its legal to reproduce a VIN tag for the dash. I think that the state can issue you a state VIN tag, but it will have additional digits on it that signify its not an origional VIN tag.

daytonalo

There was a guy who advertised in Hemmings , made Vin Tags for people who lost them or Damaged

y3chargerrt

Yeah I saw that ad..I think his name is Shady Ray!

gtx6970