News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Asking for prayer for my son.... please

Started by TruckDriver, November 27, 2006, 07:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69charger2002

prayers sent from my house too. everything will work out in time, please keep us updated
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

TruckDriver

I was surprised to this this thread re-emerge as I totally forgot about it. Thanks to everyone  :bow:

Everyone's prayers must be working. We still have not had him in to the doctor as neither me or my ex-wife have any health insurance, or been able to get enough cash together to have it done. She only works part time, and this year because construction is so bad here, I just barely made it over the $20,000 mark this year. (I usually bring in the mid $30's) :P  BUT, when he was here this past summer, neither me, my girlfriend or anyone else can believe there even is a problem with his hearing. He seems to hear perfectly. I even did some little tests to see if he could hear me whisper around a corner, and he had no problem. So, maybe everything will be okay in the end. Thanks again,

Pete
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Brock Samson

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Charger-Bodie

Excellent news!!!  I hope that things will continue in a positive direction for you and you're son!!

:Twocents: Kids are the most important thing in a fathers life and to see them in any sort of pain is terrible. :'(
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

HITMAN 149

:angel: hang in there lil guy!!!!!!!!!! it'll be alright!!!! we're allll pulling for ya!!!!!!!!
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

RD

awesome news... have you talked to God lately?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

rudyjrusa

LORD i ask in your HOLY name that you touch Chris's ears and heal him - you love the little ones and he needs your comfort - i ask that the HOLY SPIRIT be with him during this time - JESUS you are the way - i pray that this healing will open the hearts of all and receive you as there SAVIOUR.  LORD we praise you and bless you today.  Amen.

supserdave

mikesbbody

that is great news  :2thumbs: he doesnt deserve that to happen to him at all (why are so many bad people in such good health?) i wish you both all the best.

69_500

Glad to hear that he is still doing well. Having grown up around thousands of deaf people in my life, I can tell you this. There are many other things that are worse than having hearing problems. My father is hard of hearing, but refuses to use hearing aids. He says if he can't hear, then he will just sign. Which works out well considering that for the last 20 years he has been doing work with the Deaf in Thailand. I couldn't tell you the statistics of anything, but the majority of people that I know of personally that are deaf lost their hearing due to an illness as child, not through their DNA or genetics.

I do hope though that there will either be a positive side to the whole situation. Either he will get better, or the hearling loss will not increase but hit a plateau. Seems like if there hasn't been any noticiable deterioration of his hearing in the last year, that maybe it was a misdiagnosis as well.

There is always two sides to every story as well, and as with everything remember that no matter what God will not test a person beyond their capabilities. In all things put your faith in Him, and he will not fail.

HDCharger

You got it.  I will also send to my Girlfriend, she is a prayer warrior.  David
MSG, US Army, Retired
1973 Charger SE
1976 Stepside Powerwagon
2007 Ram 1500 Laramie
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1967 Dodge Truck

1969chargerrtse

Wow, those prayers really worked.  I started at the bottom 5 mins ago, and I'm here and hearing his doing better.  The power of prayer is awesome, happy things are getting better.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

400/6/PAC

Keep praying for good health.
Good luck to You and Chris.

FJMG

Prayer sent and best of luck, very difficult for a parent to see their child through those times.
    On a side note, I personally lost hearing (actually not sure if I lost it to illness or was just born w/o two of the three little bones in my right ear) because I had no hearing in one ear from such a young age I never really new what it was like to have hearing in both ears, it was very difficult to determine where sounds were coming from (you need both ears for that) and was also difficult to hear in noisy crowds.
    However when I was 25 I was curious and went for a hearing test and was subsequently told that my inner ear was fine and my hearing could be restored by installing plastic prosthetics to transfer the noise to my inner ear from my drum. This was a simple day surgury which required only local freezing. The minute he closed up the drum I could hear from that ear!
    Hopefully things work out for your son.

Rubberduck

Prayers sent from Germany too. -   Keep the faith!

Mario
´68 Charger, 505 by CWE, 4-speed

Bob

I just heard Pete. So sorry to hear that. Your son as well as yourself will be added to our prayer list.
Bob

hemi68charger

WCG..
Hang in there Bro........ You sound like a very nuturing and loving father.. That's what he needs right now.. Know you have your Mopar buddies giving good vibes his way.. You're right, seems unfair that ANY child should have to go through anything like this......... From one father to another, my prayers are to you and your son....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection