News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got my new Alumarad radiator today

Started by devilgear, April 10, 2009, 03:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilgear

Ok in another post I told you all about my Summit radiator and how I ordered a new one from Alumarad.com....Well it came today..A little faster than I thought too wich is allways great...I have not installed it, but I can tell you it looks like it will fit just great.I took it out and put it in place and all seemed great!!!..Even my stock fan shroud fits...It looks much much better than the Summit one as well...Also for some reason it's about 5-7 pounds lighter than the Summit rad...Nice...It also came with a small ground strap and 2 brass fitting for the transmission cooler...Now a few small glitches...#1 it comes with a plastic Petcock...The threads on it are a little strange too, because my stock Petcock and the one from Summit would not fit either, so I will have to get one from Orielys when I pick up my new lower hose...Also there are 2 plugs on the top rail of the rad that I'm not positive what they are for...I can put metal plus in, but not sure what they do...So so far I am happy and it looks like it's gonna work great. Plus it was $60 cheaper than the Summit one...$220...

Corellian Corvette

devilgear

firefighter3931

I'm sure you will be much happier with it than the Summit rad.  ;)

On mine i had to clearance the upper corners of the core support to clear the tig weld beads....not much but it had to be done to allow for the rad to mount flush.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

devilgear

It seems like it would bolt right in, but I heard also that I should rubber mount it too...