News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Started by dads_69, November 23, 2007, 11:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dads_69

Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

69bronzeT5

Gotta those dents where you have no idea where they came from....not. :D Looking good man! :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

firefighter3931

Quote from: dads_69 on November 23, 2007, 11:41:29 PM
I ordered a 4' cowl hood for it also plus I have the factory dual snorkel hood.

I like the sound of that....must mean something big'n'nasty is going under the hood.   :devil:

Project is looking good Mark....should be quite the hot rod when you get it finished.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

69charger2002

looking good mark. glad to see you didn't leave the site after a few guys pissed ya off   :2thumbs:
keep us updated
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

skip68

That's going to be a cool car.  :drool5:   :2thumbs: Looks great.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Troy

Quote from: dads_69 on November 24, 2007, 01:12:18 AM
he didn't tell what happened due to my sword collection in my tool box
Haha, this should be good... you didn't tell him that the swords were for show but you could break him in half with your bare hands? It's good to know what happened at least. I can't wait to see how the small block stroker fares since I've been planning one in my head for a while.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Lowprofile

Car is lookin' good bro! I love that color on A-Bodies.  :2thumbs:

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

bull

Looking good. I have to say I like the cowl thing too. I wish Ma Mopar would have done it from the factory because it's a smart way to cool things off and it looks better than a scoop IMO. I think a real subtle cowl induction would look nice on a second gen if done right.

So is that guy that dented your car at least going to buy you a case of beer or a gift certificate to a nice restaurant or something? It pisses me off too when someone does some damage, even by accident, and then takes off. It's much better to just fess up and make things right when it happens.

Silver R/T

good progress, I like the color on it also
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Todd Wilson

Quote from: dads_69 on November 25, 2007, 01:45:09 AM
The swords are more less a conversation item at work. I keep most at home, I collect old and some recent but no new swords. I don't own a gun, no reason right now, haven't had the need for a gun, yet. Ha-ha. I do Martial Arts occasionally, we use them during sparing and demonstrations once in a while. Yeah, real swords, not plastic fake swords.
I got primer on the drivers side today via roll prime by PPG and now I'm just going over every little part before paint (soon) now. I'll be blocking/wet sanding tomorrow and final prep at shop when ready for paint.
The 340 stroker should be good enough, but as they say, once a big block kind of guy, always a big blockhead! The 451 I had before in a '68 charger up here, had 535 H.P. and 588 Trq. I like those numbers for street....
Mark

What is Roll Prime by PPG?

Todd

Todd Wilson

Quote from: dads_69 on November 26, 2007, 02:24:54 AM
Here is what the can looks like. It only needs a hardener no reducer w/a 4 to 1 mix ratio. They say it is to be used for small areas only, 14 inch surface max. I have used the product since it came out here in 2000 and I have primed half a quarter panel w/it. It has about a 30 to 45 minute pot life, so you need to be ready to use it after it being mixed. Rollers are small like paint rollers for your home w/a small handle as well. They have a textured style and a smooth style roller, I use the smooth 99% of the time. As for my body work, I normally finish my work in 100 grit,sometimes 120 then prime over it w/three light coats. Its sandable after two to three hours also depending on temp of shop or outside.
Mark

When you said Roll I was wondering if it was rolled on with a roller. That would be slick in a small area and not have to jack with a paint gun and all to get some primer on. Is it like an epoxy to put down first and then filler? Is it compatible with other primers? Or is it designed to go on and then prep and paint?

Todd

moparstuart

Quote from: Todd Wilson on November 26, 2007, 12:31:25 PM
Quote from: dads_69 on November 26, 2007, 02:24:54 AM
Here is what the can looks like. It only needs a hardener no reducer w/a 4 to 1 mix ratio. They say it is to be used for small areas only, 14 inch surface max. I have used the product since it came out here in 2000 and I have primed half a quarter panel w/it. It has about a 30 to 45 minute pot life, so you need to be ready to use it after it being mixed. Rollers are small like paint rollers for your home w/a small handle as well. They have a textured style and a smooth style roller, I use the smooth 99% of the time. As for my body work, I normally finish my work in 100 grit,sometimes 120 then prime over it w/three light coats. Its sandable after two to three hours also depending on temp of shop or outside.
Mark

When you said Roll I was wondering if it was rolled on with a roller. That would be slick in a small area and not have to jack with a paint gun and all to get some primer on. Is it like an epoxy to put down first and then filler? Is it compatible with other primers? Or is it designed to go on and then prep and paint?

Todd

a buddy of mine and I painted a car with house paint you could see the brush strokes in the paint and we called the car the weather beater.   A popular sears brand of house paint at the time in the early 80's .   We did several  rattle car rebuilds of engines in that same era.
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Silver R/T

Thats pretty good primer, works great if you don't have access to air and need to prime your car. You don't need to mask off as much either as there's no overspray. I would recommend a respirator anyways as there's Isocyanate fumes as you apply it.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722